Shadow Warriors TV Series

Michael L.

I watched the first series of Shadow Warriors recently.... so, is there any legit source for the other series or movies? Also, can anyone explain to me what the heck was up with that song? That was the least awesome battle theme ever! I can't find any info about the band (Spectrum, I believe the credits said) but I imagine like an 8 piece rock combo full of Japanese dudes with long feathered hair, stonewashed denim vests with matching bell bottoms and probably a fair amount of aviator glasses!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second series is available from Toei, without subs of course. They released it in two volumes. I've got the first one, need to get the second sometime.Costs a ton, though, even used copies.

Image99.jpg Image98.jpg

I need the subs, though. I can get through Mandarin movies and sometimes Cantonese, but all the Japanese I know I learned from watching the first season of Shadow Warriors...

Is there a bad pop song in every episode of the second series, too?

I need the subs, though. I can get through Mandarin movies and sometimes Cantonese, but all the Japanese I know I learned from watching the first season of Shadow Warriors...

Is there a bad pop song in every episode of the second series, too?

Oh yeah:xd: It's a different song played through out the entire season, same band, funny how they'll slow it down in a emotional scene.

I watched the second season first(about half way through the first now), seems they cut loose on some episodes in the second, these movies borrow from a lot of older movies, the wolf scene was hilarious!(think Karate bear fighter)! And the end credits are worth watching through every time:tongue:

I've been watching the first season DVD set over the course of the past 9 months! I don't think I'd ever finish the entire series, but so far, it's the best TV series I've ever followed.

odioustrident

Does anyone who knows the whole series think Season 3 is the best? Only seen seasons 1 & 3 because I had heard 3 was the best a few times on the boards. The action was definitely more plentiful with better camerawork in 3, but I'd like to see the other seasons to compare.

Isn't BCI part of Navarre? You'd think that Funimation could knock this out no problem... I'm pretty sure they have a Japanese translator or two in the building!

Does anyone who knows the whole series think Season 3 is the best? Only seen seasons 1 & 3 because I had heard 3 was the best a few times on the boards. The action was definitely more plentiful with better camerawork in 3, but I'd like to see the other seasons to compare.

Season 3 is definitely the best on every level in my opinion. The tone is much more serious with very little of that lame comedy that spoils the other seasons and the "Shadow Warriors" cast is also the best with both Hiroyuki Sanada AND Etsuko Shihomi fighting alongside Shinichi Chiba. This was originally supposed to be the final season, so that's probably why they pulled out all the stops.

Season 2 is the next best series. Then it's a toss up between Season 1 and Season 4, both of which are just ok in my opinion, with way too much lame comedy and terrible music.

I really wish that someone would get the rights from BCI and release the rest of the series.

Considering how BCI went out of business at least partially due to low sales of the season 1 set, I wouldn't hold my breath on another company shelling out big bucks for the distribution rights.

where are you guys finding season 2 and 3 with english subs? Ive only got season 1 on dvd.:squigglemouth:

Old VHS tapes (at least for Season 3).

Season 2 has been re-mastered by www.fareastflix.com. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Season 3 will be available from them in the future as well.

Season 4 and 5 (which is really just the continuation/conclusion of season 4) have also been re-mastered using DVD-R recordings from Japanese cable, and are available from www.kurotokagi.com They also have the first 2 "New Shadow Warriors" direct-to-DVD movies. Hopefully the remaining 4 will also be subtitled.

DeathFuMaster

Those are some pretty expensive sets. I think I got the R1 of season one for like 15 bucks or less. But its cool that these guys made these sets and subbed them. I'm not saying they are not worth the money, but they are out of my budget....

odioustrident

There are people on this forum selling the subbed Hawaiian TV recordings of the later seasons for a much cheaper price than what is on the sites.

Considering how BCI went out of business at least partially due to low sales of the season 1 set, I wouldn't hold my breath on another company shelling out big bucks for the distribution rights.

How do you figure that? BCI licensed all kinds of stuff, including a bunch of Filmation shows and gameshows, and Shadow Warriors wasn't even mentioned in most of the news articles or press releases I saw... the He Man/She-Ra boxes (which went straight to the bargain bin at Wal Mart) were mentioned, as were The Ghostbusters cartoons. I bet Shadow Warriors outsold The Legend of Isis boxset!

Just got half way through the first season, interesting how they look to have a whole new set of villains stepping in.

You guys got me pumped to watch the 3rd one now:nerd:

How do you figure that? BCI licensed all kinds of stuff, including a bunch of Filmation shows and gameshows, and Shadow Warriors wasn't even mentioned in most of the news articles or press releases I saw... the He Man/She-Ra boxes (which went straight to the bargain bin at Wal Mart) were mentioned, as were The Ghostbusters cartoons. I bet Shadow Warriors outsold The Legend of Isis boxset!

My assumption is based on the fact that Japanese productions are generally quite expensive to get licensing rights to, and I doubt BCI sold enough to recoup that cost. Tokyo Shock had the same problem with the "Zatoichi" and "Lone Wolf and Cub" TV series, which is no doubt why they only acquired and released the first seasons of each.

I don't even think they finished the 1st. season of LW&C. And let me just say that TV series was fantastic!

That is why you have got to love fansubbers they put out these series that these big companies don't. Like I said I think John over@ Fare East Flix subtitled the entire series.

My assumption is based on the fact that Japanese productions are generally quite expensive to get licensing rights to, and I doubt BCI sold enough to recoup that cost. Tokyo Shock had the same problem with the "Zatoichi" and "Lone Wolf and Cub" TV series, which is no doubt why they only acquired and released the first seasons of each.

It was such a small percentage of what they did... like I said, it (Shadow Warriors) wasn't even mention in the various industry rags I get/read when they folded. He Man and She Ra were mentioned repeatedly, though. My guess is that SW was literally almost a throw away when compared to things going on over at Funimation!

And I meant Secrets of Isis before, not Legends (which is a comic book).

Looks like Mill Creek has picked up some of BCI's stuff... create enough web traffic and maybe Shadow Warriors will join Fight! Dragon in the Mill Creek stable.

kungfusamurai

Tokyo Shock blew it by releasing the TV shows piece by piece. I don't know if Mills Creek will be doing anything. I think Fight Dragon got released because all the work had been done when BCI had it, and they just carried over the finished product to the new label.

KFS

shaolin swords

i found season 3 on alot of websites but none of them seem to sell it with boxart and they all say that the picture quality is a lil less then perfect so i did not buy it.does any body know where i can get season 3 of shadow warrior with boxart and every thing.thanks

Archived