Way of the Dragon dvd's - Mono English/Mandarin

shukocarl

I really can't believe how many versions of this film I now own on dvd. If you do manage to get a good visual copy, the audio ALWAYS lets you down with the bloody false 5.1 mixes.

Does anyone know of a decent visual release that has the ORIGINAL MONO English and Mandarin tracks without any editing/remix/downmix/tom mix/false sounds/.

Anyone...anywhere?:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
I really can't believe how many versions of this film I now own on dvd. If you do manage to get a good visual copy, the audio ALWAYS lets you down with the bloody false 5.1 mixes.

Does anyone know of a decent visual release that has the ORIGINAL MONO English and Mandarin tracks without any editing/remix/downmix/tom mix/false sounds/.

Anyone...anywhere?:tinysmile_angry2_t:

The Fox Ultimate Edition DVD has Mandarin mono but English remix. You can get one or the other but not both together.

The Fox Ultimate Edition DVD has Mandarin mono but English remix. You can get one or the other but not both together.

Yeah Mark, I have them both. It would be nice to have them on one disc though!:squigglemouth:

I'm now looking at a German release that supposedly is in mono.

sure, else i would have mentioned that. it's just the same Shit in a new Package and a lower Rating. btw, all these DVDs seem to have the old English Dub Trailers rarely shown on DVDs.

German Disc has Original good Mono (German and English) but it's CENSORED :)

(a few cuts in the last 30 mins for "Violence")

here's a comparison

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=585

Is it the same for Fist of Fury and Big boss German discs? Do they have original english mono (good)quality?

I was planning on using UK VHS to source my english mono dubs, but could these german dvds have better quality tracks?

yeah it's the same. both are much more cut though, and have lots of framecuts also. i would not bother using them as source, way too much hassle. no idea about the quality. for my editions, i used the Japanese / US Laserdics tracks.

Cheers Spannick. thanks for the info. I wont waste my money on the german discs then.

When you put "Japan/USA Laserdisc tracks", are you meaning that the Japan LDs have the same exact mixes as the USA Laserdiscs?

I have issues with the USA mixes, so I chose not to use them.

Way of the Dragon=Japan LD (no strange altered Bruce Lee yells from some fag)

Big Boss=US LD

Fist of Fury=US LD (sounds shit, but did not bother looking for better, and it's better than the shit on any DVDs with 5.1 Mixes).

i don't care that much for the English Tracks, the German Dubs are WAY better :)

Archived