Zoke Culture Dvds

Jd84

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I have a few Zoke Culture dvds and certain little things about them make me think that they are a bootleg company.

Zoke is a mainland company. Bootlegging is huge in China, so there are many boots of Zoke DVD's going around. I've seen many, mostly in what is called "simplified packaging" by sales people. That is essentially an cardboard envelope with the cover art on the front.

My first Zoke experience was SPL, which actually has an alternate ending to ease the ire of mainland censors.

Wait, so what is the mainland ending?'

Thanks for the thread too, I've been wondering if Zoke was real as there are a few DVDs of theirs I was going to buy.

Wait, so what is the mainland ending?'

Thanks for the thread too, I've been wondering if Zoke was real as there are a few DVDs of theirs I was going to buy.

Basicly the scene in which Sammo pushed Donnie off is not included

Did some researching and found this on hkflix.com

ABOUT ZOKE SHAW TITLES: Celestial Shaw titles from Zoke China feature the exact same top-quality transfers as the IVL HK versions. Usually, the only difference other than the artwork is that Zoke DVDs have Simplified Chinese subtitles instead of Traditional, and that they are Region 6 instead of Region 3. You can compare versions side-by-side using our DVD Comparison Engine.

The ebay link I posted earlier may be a fake. It says they are region 6 coded, but the 5 shaolin masters on ebay is not region coded.

I have a few Zoke Culture dvds and certain little things about them make me think that they are a bootleg company.

I agree. The paper they're printed on, etc.... I think they're a boot company.

Reel Power Stunts

The Ebay shop you listed does appear to sell boots. If you look at their "Shaolin Temple" (Ti Lung / Fu Sheng Shaws film) it's clearly not IVL or Zoke. It is listed as all region as well. Their "Tiger on the Beat" is listed as Zoke, but is also PAL, and the cover is clearly a mash up of the UK Hong Kong Legends DVD. I am not saying all Zoke DVDs are boots...but some purporting to be legit, are in fact boots.

It's sometimes hard to tell with Mainland DVDs what is a boot or not as the boots are often mass produced, and the legit ones often have crappy artwork!

If you get a DVD from China have a look at the disk. On the inner center rim on the movie side (not the artwork side) there shld be a code number which customs in China can trace back to a specific disk duplication factory. If an area of the inner rim appears scratched out, it is deffo a boot, as the pirates are trying to cover their tracks.

I got curious and did dig few titles out.There is nothing to suspect in paper or print quality(in movies I own at least) they are good as f.e. HKL dvd`s..dvd itself also looks as legal as one can be.

However when I did put disc into my computer ( my dvd player is region free but pc is not) it played movies.So those few are I tried are region free discs.

Does anyone have zoke titles which are actually region 6?

EDIT-well my discs have codes RP Stunts mentioned

Zoke Culture is legit and the quality is, as described by HKflix identical to IVL releases, that is: excellent. If other fake Zoke DVD:s exist and are manufactured as real Zoke DVD:s, I cannot say. But trust me, they are as real as they get.

BlurayStation3

They're legit. The reason their packaging is poor (mostly just a cardboard slip-cover over a blank dvd case) is because they have to keep costs down to be able to sell for cheap and compete with bootleggers. I have their Bruce Lee dvds and the disc content is pretty much the same as the HK Fortune Star boxset, except it's region-free. I also have their Fist of Legend dvd and it's a port of the French HK Video dvd (which can be found for a lot cheaper than the French dvd).

I've seen some of their recent Bruce Lee dvds and it looks like they've improved the packaging a little. It looks like they now come with sleeves for the dvd case as well as a cardboard slip-cover.

Zoke's are 100% legit.

The SB titles they carry ve the same quality of IVL dvds. I made a list if anyone is interested.

The cardboard/paper 's releases of Zoke dvds are just the cheap edition but they are NOT bootlegs.

In china (and ebay) u can also find boots made from Zoke releases, just pay attention to what u'r buying.

The Bruce Lee films with the inside cover and outer carboard slip case that I have are by Zoke, but on some of them the disc print is taken from the old USA Fox Masters collection design. (red and black) and Zoke's Bruce Lee dvds have 5.1 audio mixes stolen straight from the Universe dvd releases. The encoding quality isn't up to the same standard as IVL/Joy Sales either.

They have the IVL/Joy Sales menus but some things are disabled I think.

I've always thought of these dvds as bootleg.

Region 0 aswell.

I have a "Project A 2" Zoke culture dvd, with a poper case and an outer cardboard slip case.

The artowork on the clamshell case is HKL's artwork, but with chinese text instead of english, and logos changed on the back etc...

The outer slip case has IVL's artowork, but with a Zoke logo.

Zoke's are 100% legit.

The SB titles they carry ve the same quality of IVL dvds. I made a list if anyone is interested.

The cardboard/paper 's releases of Zoke dvds are just the cheap edition but they are NOT bootlegs.

In china (and ebay) u can also find boots made from Zoke releases, just pay attention to what u'r buying.

PM Sent about the dvd list.

They're legit. The reason their packaging is poor (mostly just a cardboard slip-cover over a blank dvd case) is because they have to keep costs down to be able to sell for cheap and compete with bootleggers. I have their Bruce Lee dvds and the disc content is pretty much the same as the HK Fortune Star boxset, except it's region-free. I also have their Fist of Legend dvd and it's a port of the French HK Video dvd (which can be found for a lot cheaper than the French dvd).

I've seen some of their recent Bruce Lee dvds and it looks like they've improved the packaging a little. It looks like they now come with sleeves for the dvd case as well as a cardboard slip-cover.

Any other French ports? I'd love to score Drunken Master with the French print and Cantonese.

Any other French ports? I'd love to score Drunken Master with the French print and Cantonese.

DM was not released in China on dvd.

Some other French ports are The Kung Fu Cult Master, Fist of legend, Raise of the red lantern, and some others ( i dont remember them all right now though )

A fan-made version is available. It uses the remastered french video, cantonese audio & english subs. It is by far the best version around.

Iron_Leopard

Does anyone know a site that sells Zoke Culture dvds?

I actually really like the packaging on these and they are region free so that's a plus too.

I'd like to add a few more to my collection here in the next month or so.

I have a few more doubles, if you are interested.

There were a few of them available on buyoyo but I won't know if they are still in stock.

Archived