Furious Slaughter

Guest Markgway

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the movie? I own the Panmedia (latest version). It says 90 min, but that's default time.

BTW, what is the deal with the movie? Who's the director? What indie company pumped this out? I've seen a little bit of it, and it seems VERY slick.

(sorry, my reply was no help to you)

"You know something cousin.... I don't believe you"

My print runs the same length and I honestly didn't notice that it was missing anything. Interesting to think that it might.

I absolutely love this film. It's one of Wang Yu's best, maybe THE best (though One Armed Boxer is my personal favorite of his). Extremely well filmed (it was obvious that alot of time and care was placed on camera setups/angles) and well paced with some really tense and intense moments. It's also incredibly cynical and downbeat, even for this type of film.

The director is Ting Shan Si who did a number of other Wang Yu films as well.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=586

Guest Markgway
How is the movie?

I thought it was mostly dull and routine until the end. I actually gave the sequel MA SU CHEN a better rating.

I own the Panmedia

Boo!!

It says 90 min, but that's default time.

You'd need to check the disc itself.

Who's the director?

Ting Shan-Hsi.

What indie company pumped this out?

First Films (Taiwan).

Guest Markgway
My print runs the same length and I honestly didn't notice that it was missing anything. Interesting to think that it might.

Wang Yu jumps on I Yuan's stomach to kill him in the uncut version.

Hi,

I've recently translated Furious Slaughter. I always wanted to see it in its original language. I will probably make it available soon. along with subbed versions or Tattooed Dragon, and Ma Su Chen. I enjoyed all three. :)

h

Hi,

I've recently translated Furious Slaughter. I always wanted to see it in its original language. I will probably make it available soon. along with subbed versions or Tattooed Dragon, and Ma Su Chen. I enjoyed all three. :)

I'd like to see that.

:nerd:

There are a lot of differences between the subs and the dubbing. Its interesting to note the differences. I've done my best to keep the idioms and original language intact. I color corrected the dvds because they had some terrible fading. I even made custom menus and the english dub is on there for the dubbing folks. :)

• Administrator
Hi,

h

Cool. :nerd:

Is it the above-mentioned uncut version with JWY jumping on I Yuan's stomach HAZ?

Who does I Yuan play?

He's a Japanese bad guy.

There's a scene when he gets knocked off the balcony that ends abruptly, but I think that is due to print damage and not censorship. I hope its not a lost scene. Otherwise nothing else seems wrong.

Archived