Black Belt Theatre

BlackLamaFaction

BlackLamaFaction

I live in Philadelphia, here when I was a kid they had Black Belt Theatre on channel 29 every Saturday it was a double feature. Does anyone know if there is anyway of obtaining, or if a record still exists of the film titles they showed.. I have watched a lot of kung fu films since then but it seems like some of those films I've just never seen or heard of again.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were all World Northal and WW movie packages. Shaws, some Bruce Li(3 Avengers, etc), Slaughter In SF and others were shown on 29. The other stations played other Bruce Li, John Liu and other indie flicks.

ShaOW!linDude

I remember someone else asking a similar question once. A link was posted to the company/station(?) which listed what they had shown. But I don't remember if it was in regards to Black Belt Theater or Kung Fu Theater.

I hate to suggest it but you might search through some of the older threads. Try General Discussion or Television.

Or someone else may remember what thread I'm talking about and guide you there.

I once raised this question but don't recall any replies in regards to WTAF. A member here ran a site which featured the NYC schedules for WNEW and WPIX. It appears the site is down bit I used the Internet Archive to locate that schedule. Another site (for NY) is here.

Would love to see an exact schedule though for Ch 29 as I watched most of my fu on this station while living in Jersey.

BlackLamaFaction

Many thanks for the info everyone. (The Link is Great) That's what i was thinking about Teako, some kind of WTAF schedule or an archive of the films they were airing then. I was very young at the time so I thought all of them were awesome, some movies I've seen again, but some of those movies I know I've never seen or heard of again. I remember they were all dubbed so I don't think very many were shaws, and I imagine some of them are pretty obscure, probably some were maybe not as good as I remember them but I would still love to find out the titles and get my hands on some of them.

A few that I definitely remember seeing on WTAF were Executioners from Shaolin, Invincible Shaolin, Heroes of the East, Boxer Rebellion, Knockabout and a some CC Shaolin cycle flicks that included Shaolin Temple. I'm sure there were other Venom films besides I.S. but can't recall which ones.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

World Northal BLACK BELT THEATER Videography?? [Archive] - Kung Fu ...

19 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jun 1, 2009

[Archive] World Northal BLACK BELT THEATER Videography?? Martial Arts Film Reference.

www.kungfucinema.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7698.html

World Northal BLACK BELT THEATER Videography?? - Kung Fu Cinema Forums

10 posts - 5 authors - Last post: May 25, 2009

World Northal BLACK BELT THEATER Videography?? Martial Arts Film Reference.

Maybe this will help.

GD Y-Y

The Silver Fox

Every Saturday afternoon I used to watch (which I think broadcast from Buffalo NY) WUTV channel 29 which was billed as martial arts or kung fu theatre here in Canada. I've also been trying to track down some of those films but it's hard because it was so long ago. These I remember for sure:

Five Deadly Venoms-I remember seeing this listed in the TV guide and I saw it a few times. I also recall being somewhat lost as to what was going on in the movie but it was so cool it didn't matter. This is the kung fu movie that everybody seemed to know about.

Dynasty(aka Warlod)-I looked for this for years but I could only remember the ending where the guy fashions a huge throwing star out of his metal outfit and starts chucking it around. I finally tracked it down and bought a custom DVD of it.

Flying Guillotine I honestly don't know which 'guillotine' film they showed, it could have been the Shaw Bros,the Wang Yu, or the The Fatal Flying Guillotine with Carter Wong.

These I remember for sure:

Flying Guillotine I honestly can't remeber which 'guillotine' film they showed, it could have been the Shaw Bros,the Wang Yu, or the The Fatal Flying Guillotine with Carter Wong.

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. I did see Flying Guillotine as well (the first CKT film) on WTAF. Really hope someone finds a schedule someday. I honestly cannot recall seeing Five Deadly Venoms but I know they showed a multitude of V flix.

Archived