Angela Mao's "The Tournament" FIlmed in Bruce's House?

sdog2006

You've got to love Raymond Chow.

Bruce is barely cold and they're filming in his old pad. All the scenes where the Martial Arts Association meet up are 100% being shot at Cumberland Road.

Priceless stuff!

• Like 1

yes i noticed that when i watched the movie a few years back. funny set-up - chow's more connected that one thinks and he didn't give a toss about bruce unless he was making money out of him. he tried to say bruce died at home for his wife and children sake when he really wanted to distance himself from the crime scene and linda couldn't get out of hk quick enough. best decision he ever made was signing bruce - stopped golden harvest from going bust.

• Like 2

I've talked about that old bastard enough...

Just goes to show, who he really is.

... he tried to say bruce died at home for his wife and children sake when he really wanted to distance himself from the crime scene and linda couldn't get out of hk quick enough.

Insisting she read that prepared statement about "holding no blame or no one accountable..."

for her husband's death, just before she boarded he final flight out of HK was plain nefarious.

:neutral:

Old fucker!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Like 1

I've talked about that old bastard enough...

Just goes to show, who he really is.

I've always wanted to know more about Chow & his involvement with Bruce (particularly the allegations regarding Bruce's death). Why would Chow want Bruce dead? I must have missed your earlier posts Dragon, any chance you could post the link to these discussions.

• Like 1

Interesting. I gotta pick this film up.

I've been ordering the Joy Sales early GH flicks like chips lately.

I think Raymond Chow means well... I mean, he gave us respectfully gave us Game of Death, with a special cameo from Bruce's corpse!

• Like 1

Alot of people say Bruce was moved to the apartrment from somewhere else and that one of his shoes was missing,i guess we will never know,Raymond Chow must be getting on abit now id have thought.

• Like 1

Also this is the movie that got Maria Yi to leave the industry. Because of that scene where her breast was showed.. My problem is that scene she really don't look like herself at all but i know it is her.

• Like 1

Also this is the movie that got Maria Yi to leave the industry. Because of that scene where her breast was showed.. My problem is that scene she really don't look like herself at all but i know it is her.

Really really?

• Like 1

Dragon, I had a quick look over at Bruce Lee Central & the site looked a bit sparse to be honest, the forums are dead & I couldn't find much of interest at all. Where's the juicy stuff about Raymond Chow hidden?

• Like 1

Dragon, I had a quick look over at Bruce Lee Central & the site looked a bit sparse to be honest, the forums are dead & I couldn't find much of interest at all. Where's the juicy stuff about Raymond Chow hidden?

No, Bruce Lee Central Social Club, here, on this forum...

We've posted so much info that your head'll swim.

:nerd:

I would'nt blame her, if that's true... I have the film and didn't see that. I'll have to take another peek. Lol.

• Like 1

a lil vid i done from tournement

Yeah good work mate.

I was in Hong Kong in 1994 and I'm watching The Tournament saying; "Hey I recognise that house" I'm running through all the places I visited and then I noticed the little red bridge in the garden and clicked; "It's BRUCE LEE'S F*$KING HOUSE!

Disgusting bullsh*t by Golden Harvest who were obviously hurting for cash with Bruce Lee's death. Right up there with showing his Hong Kong funeral in Game of Death 1978.

• Like 1

Is this the house that Alexander Fu Sheng owned when he died? 'Cause if I was an HK actor, I'd be afraid that place is cursed!

• Like 1

Bruce Lee's house is now a "Love Hotel", but it's going to be turned into a historical site soon.

The rundown house at 41 Cumberland Road in Hong Kong's quiet Kowloon Tong district might escape the notice of passers-by if it weren't for a sign signalling that it is a "love hotel".

Rooms are offered for rent by the hour, with a discount rate of 205 Hong Kong dollars (25 US) buying amorous couples three hours in a tatty room off a narrow hallway decorated with a poster of a topless blonde.

It is a far cry from when the building was the home of kung fu icon Bruce Lee in the years before his untimely death in 1973 at the age of 32.

"The house has definitely been altered," said Shannon Lee, the actor's daughter, who recalled snickering when she learned about the home's love hotel status in her mid-teens.

In glaring contrast to its current appearance, the now 40-year-old Lee remembers a Japanese-style pond out front, pets running around and plenty of exercise space for her father.

"I have very fond memories of it -- my father definitely valued his privacy and there was space for him to work out and the kids to run around."

The fact that guests walk in the footsteps of the kung fu star might have faded into the mists of time had it not been for fans who rallied behind a plan to turn the hotel into a Lee memorial.

Following a public uproar, billionaire owner Yu Pang-lin agreed to cancel plans to sell the property, which he says is worth 100 million Hong Kong dollars, and instead donate it to honour Lee's legacy.

• Like 1

Yeah. the time of the production of The tournament is right and she is the only other woman in the movie other than Angela Mao. And i think Bey Logan mentioned on the extra material of Big Boss that she had ended up in some shady scenes in some terrible movie and her family did not like it and wanted her quit movies and marry. which she did to this Taiwanese business man.

She obviously wanted to stay of and away from the limelight.

found out where she is located in Taiwan. All I can say is that she is doing charity work. Still look like herself.

• Like 1

You know........I just wonder what Shannon actually does know about her father?

What Linda has kept to herself and what she knowes for real will probably never be disclosed.

Betty may have all the answers?

• Like 1