Dragon Tiger Gate (2006)

Guest Sleepman

I know, I understand where the comic came from, but even on the side of the story, he could have worked a lot harder. Donnie looks almost homosexual in that wig and tank top. As I was saying, years ago I liked the fight scenes but now when I saw them again they didn't convey anything to me years later. especially the last fight is nauseating with cgi. often the sound of the blows is more suggestive than the blows themselves. if we remove the sound, we would see some movements that are not very powerful and chaotic. often the chamber is too far away from the blows, or there are too many enemies that cover the movement of the hands. Tse's dancer kicks can't be seen. I still digest great scenes like in tiger cage 2 or in the line of duty 4 instead of these. this is to make you understand the years apart. also 14 blades, as i was saying before, is another film that has disappointed me a lot after years. before i liked it, now i find it very dirty technically, with a montage that cuts too much action and an embarrassing cgi. and the narcissism of donnie, with muscles, fake tattoos and unlikely close-ups that are a bit funny. he's a great fighter but he always has that boiled fish face. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk
On 3/24/2020 at 6:20 AM, JackieRome said:

Donnie looks almost homosexual in that wig and tank top.

The film is based on a manga. He was meant to look like this guy (far right). Nothing “homosexual” about it.

A36E96F2-5BBC-45B5-A07A-1F1EDA6D701C.jpeg

On 3/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

A Manhua, not Manga.

sorry professor... I know very well what a manhua is anyway thanks for his precious contribution

On 3/28/2020 at 1:01 AM, Drunken Monk said:

The film is based on a manga. He was meant to look like this guy (far right). Nothing “homosexual” about it.

A36E96F2-5BBC-45B5-A07A-1F1EDA6D701C.jpeg

yes, but the result still makes you laugh. I'm sorry

TibetanWhiteCrane
22 minutes ago, JackieRome said:

sorry professor... I know very well what a manhua is anyway thanks for his precious contribution

Chill the fuck out.... I wasn't even correcting YOU. Nor was it as much a correction as a clarification.

1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Chill the fuck out.... I wasn't even correcting YOU. Nor was it as much a correction as a clarification.

Sorry, you weren't correcting me.I did not understand, I apologize very much to you

Shaolivevil

I loved the comics when they were translated in English as Oriental Heroes and thought this would be a great watch but I had a hard time liking this movie. IMHO, this probably would've worked a lot better as an animated movie rather than live-action...

Drunken Monk
On 3/28/2020 at 4:03 AM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

A Manhua, not Manga.

I appreciate being corrected. I had no idea what a Manhua was.

Archived