Artwork for LADY HERMIT (FUNimation)

mpm74

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yang Wu Liang

Seems like they missed a trick not putting a picture of the foxy Shih Szu on there as well ... apart from that it's ok i suppose.

HEY----you beat me to it. anyway they say it's going to have an english dub----i just hope it's an original dub. LADY HERMIT has always made the old lost dub list and even LYNN once hinted that an original dub existed. :laluot_14::laluot_14::laluot_14::laluot_14::laluot_14:

Points for beinig consistent with the other Funimation releases, and it's certainly not as abysmal as your typical Dragon Dynasty or Lionsgate cover* - but I hate the typography on this. That disco looking font can fuck right off.

*Or the completely schizophrenic Magnolia on one of their forgot-to-take-their-meds days where they shit out garbage artwork that looks like something Dimension would have happily smeared on a Jet Li Collection movie with a new title like THE STABILIZER or something.

yes and their Menus / Extras (NONE) are lacking also badly. BUT they got the Old Dubs in Mono (if they exist that is, i guess; they got Mandarin Mono, they got excellent progressive Material on a full bitrate DVD-9. that's all that matters as long as they get them out :)

they improved much over the supercrap that well go and image churned out.

I'm in the minority , I really like the style of the covers for funi's discs.

You are not alone.

I actually like them too. =D

Have to say many american Shaw covers are very dull.If not already know about movie, covers would not make me excited.Dragon Dynasty propably has best covers but not all of them are decent either.

They should bring new designers in.

But the A/V was already handled by BCI before they shut down, right? Does FUNi deserve any credit for the authoring?

I don't understand why didn't they include the right audio track for Opium and the Kung Fu Master.

Their covers really just don't fit the films at all. They're too brightly colored for starters.

Archived