Crank

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

I seen the advertisment for the movie Crank starring Jason Statham on tv recently and see it will be coming out shortly. Anybody got any info on the plot and who is choreographing the fights? I'm pretty sure it's probably Corey Yuen as he did the Transporter films, I'm guessing this film will have the same style. Definately looks to be interesting!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

Here is the official site with lots of info , trailer , gallery - the works . Did not catch any obvious HK style combatives , but , looks like a high velocity vehicle all the same .

CRANK WEBSITE

crankfilm.com/

crank_image21.jpg

Guest David 83CA

nope, i dont think this is a martial arts movie. and cory yuen is NOT involved. none the less, it looks like a fun action flick:hat

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm sorry, I had no idea this film featured no martial arts or I would have posted it in the cult film section. I figured Jason Statham had become known for action movies featuring martial arts so I thought this film would feature the same, guess this must be just a straight up action film but looks like it could be good nonetheless. 8)

Guest The Running Man
Anybody got any info on the plot and who is choreographing the fights? I'm pretty sure it's probably Corey Yuen as he did the Transporter films, I'm guessing this film will have the same style.

A simple look-see at the IMDB would have corrected that. :)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yes I guess I could have, but I went by the trailer they showed on tv instead. I don't think it's that big a deal though as the mods moved it to the right section. Please forgive my mistake anyways though, I'll try to find out more info on a film in the future before posting. ;)

Guest Dion Brother

It's very fun, crazy as hell. My favorite action movie since RUNNING SCARED. I think both films represent a new wave in action filmmaking. Good times ahead.

Guest Chinatown Kid

From what you guys have said I'm definately going to have to check this flick out at the theatre over the next weekend. To anybody that's seen this, does Statham do any martial arts at all in this film? I still want to see it even if it doesn't, I just find it hard to believe that after coming off the Transporter films and becoming recognized for that, that he woudn't showcase some martial arts in the film and waste his skills.

I saw it on saturday and I have to agree with you guys

it's f'ing crazy (in a good way) very entertaining.

No martial arts in it, but still it's a must see IMO

Too bad it didn't do well at the box office.

Guest godzillakungfu

Hey it has already made the production costs back. That is a good thing. It has made 21 Million and cost 12 Mil to make.

I know, according to hollywood that isn't a hit but still.....If it gets to 36 Million+ they have trippled their money. That is a good investment.

Archived