Tron: Legacy

KyFi

Anybody see this? I'm a moderate fan of the original, and went into this one with low expectations, but I totally loved it! Great visuals and score, and I liked the story and the characters as well. A very pleasant surprise, IMO.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this on Saturday and have to say, I came away impressed with the visuals - it may be THE best looking movie I've ever seen - as well as the fantastic score by Daft Punk - but not so much with the script which fell apart as the film progressed, I thought.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I wanted to see this in Imax but the tickets are like 16 bucks.. I'll pay that much if the run time is like more than 3 hrs long...

OK I just seen Tron Legacy with My Son and I thought the Action CGI was awesome. The storyline did drag a little because it was showing flashbacks about how it all began. So if you didn't see the 1st. movie you really don't need to this movie explains everything. Overall this is definitely an IMAX movie. I was just hoping to see an end fight with Tron & Clu but it never happened.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I saw this on Saturday and have to say, I came away impressed with the visuals - it may be THE best looking movie I've ever seen - as well as the fantastic score by Daft Punk - but not so much with the script which fell apart as the film progressed, I thought.

Yep, best soundtrack of the year for sure, visuals are top notch, the best of the year but the story was just mediocre.... I was hoping for like a matrix like bad ass equilibrium type sci fi movie but this movie didn't really push the envelope...

I don't even know what to think of this movie. The visuals were absolutely stunning. The epitome of eye candy. I can't imagine what is going to top this in that respect. The movie though was disappointing but entertaining nonetheless. It just tried to do too much in too little time. It was very flawed. It was also too all over the place at times, but damn those visuals and of course the score but then Daft Punk are brilliant. This movie has to be watched in 3-D. I can't imagine enjoying this nearly as much on a regular tv.

Archived