The Legendary Script (2006)

HyperDrive

I found this at a local used video shop. It was filmed in the US and China. Stars Yeng Tha Her, Ying Yang, and Seng Vang and codirected by Yeng Tha Her and Ying Yang.

The Plot: 1000 years ago when fighting skills dictated survival, a master sends two swordsmen to find a book of flawless techniques left by a legendary martial artist. However, anyone who uses it is cursed. What will happen when the two on their journey and if they find it?

m4gQt4QMxCM

The language is Hmong.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

So, is it any good at all?

Because portions of that snippet were just atrocious!:tongue: I mean....the costumes were great. Some of the filming was good though the editing needed a little work. The choreography? Meh. The props were bent or bending and some of those folks looked unsure of what they were doing.

Don't get me wrong. If I came across it in a used video store and the jacket looked promising while not knowing anything else about it.....I'd have scooped it up just to check it out. Never know. Might get lucky. So..........is it any good at all?

phoenix_darshan

all in all it does not look too bad, but the sound is so appalling, I wud not watch for that reason, it does me head in. quite sad actually to have had good intentions and let the sound ruin the whole thing. obviouslythere is always room to improve editing and shooting but sound really stood out for me being the poorest by far.

Don't get me wrong. If I came across it in a used video store and the jacket looked promising while not knowing anything else about it.....I'd have scooped it up just to check it out. Never know. Might get lucky. So..........is it any good at all?

Lol, that's exactly what I did. Anyways, it is pretty good for a low budget camcorder movie. This movie was their first one shot in China. They had someone do the choreography over there while handling it themselves over here. The subtitles are probably dubtitles. There's some CGI weather effects as well. The weirdest part is that they're based like right in my backyard.

It must've done well with its intended audience as they are still making movies today, which I'll make another topic about. It's like a whole subgenre just subtly sprouted up as there's a whole range of these movies and not just this one company either(Imagination Films).

ShaOW!linDude

Well, I'll say this.....for a grass roots MA movie production, I've got to give them an A for effort. And if they're continuing on then they've got pluck, another plus.

Hopefully they'll invest in some better props. And learn to perform the fight sequences more confidently. It's hard to sell a fight on camera when you look like you're unsure of what you're doing.

This seems to be a wuxia/wire-fu-ish endeavor (or at least wants to give that flavor) which is pretty ambitious.

Archived