New BRUCE LEE Fanzine: Due early 2011!

johnoverall

• Administrator

Hey John, you shipped that FAST!

Loved the magazine man. Great read, cool layout, and an awesome cover by our very own forum brother Mpm74. I read the whole thing from front to back in one sitting.

Loved the promo by Poitrimoult and Lanzi- very funny. Nice of them to do that (no doubt in gratitude for your coverage). This is the first that I've heard about the GREEN HORNET short. Don't know how I missed that, but I've got to see it! Anyway, thanks for letting me (and other unaware fans) know about it. :nerd:

Great work man! :bigsmile:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Great work man! :bigsmile:

A belated thanks Bob, for your kind comments. And thanks to all who supported the first issue which is now SOLD OUT! Copies of the 'zine have gone to all parts of the UK and Ireland, Europe, USA, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia. Testimony to what can be done with a small budget, a small print run, a team of keen, talented, generous individuals and all for no personal gain - so my karma is intact if little else. Now... issue #2 anyone?

Well done John, I'm very pleased to hear about this. You and your team did a smashing job on that issue, I thought it was a great little read.

Issue 2 sounds like an excellent idea!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of issue #2 bro.

Any prediction on when you'll be putting it out?

johnoverall
Well done John, I'm very pleased to hear about this. You and your team did a smashing job on that issue, I thought it was a great little read.Issue 2 sounds like an excellent idea!

will definitely be in for issue #2 :wink:

Thanks guys!

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of issue #2 bro.

Any prediction on when you'll be putting it out?

Editing it now, need to write some extra bits before the layout stage so guess it'll be out in May or June. Perhaps sooner if we can turn it around fast enough!

johnoverall

Thanks to the generosity of many Bruce Lee fans worldwide, the first issue of BLR has broken even and I can now afford to produce a second issue! In addition, a number of supporters' PayPal payments were gifted, so the money I saved in fees has been collated and donated to the British Red Cross Tsunami Appeal following the Earthquake, Tsunami and developing situation with compromised nuclear facilities.

Prior to the catastrophic events in Japan these small funds were intended for the Bruce Lee Foundation's coffers to aid their work in keeping Bruce Lee's legacy alive, reparation in part for the failure of my BLR book. However, Bruce Lee was clearly a citizen of the world and I think the money is best directed to Japan at this time and I hope to be able to make donations in his name with each issue I produce. Please do what you can to help the people of Japan and if possible make a similar donation.

Also, my thanks to Martial Arts Illustrated's Jun Fan Journal for mentioning issue #1 of BLR in its pages. I'll do what I can to improve in the areas highlighed:

th_blr_mai_april.jpg

John, what are the areas highlighted that needed improvement? I tried to zoom, but it's way too blurry.

johnoverall
John, what are the areas highlighted that needed improvement? I tried to zoom, but it's way too blurry.

That's an iPhone camera for you!

Improvements relate to font-size and pitch and placement of some images behind text; nothing big but I intend to rectify next time out. The cover came in for particular praise :wink:

johnoverall

Took delivery of another fifty copies today, as I've had a number of requests from people who didn't hear about the 'zine until the first run was sold. So, if you missed out on issue #1 here's another chance to catch it!

Archived