New BRUCE LEE Fanzine: Due early 2011!

johnoverall

Printing now, due back this coming week. Proof looks great, biased as I am!

Issue #2 is full, but ideas/material for issue #3 are welcome!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first round of freebies went out today and I'm ready to process orders:

The cost of the fanzine is £4.99 + shipping + handling = ...

If you're in the UK, it will cost: £6.95 (delivered)

If you're in Europe, it will cost: £6.85 (delivered)

If you're in the Rest of the World it will cost: £7.38 (delivered)

Payments via PayPal in £ Sterling please. PM me for payment details.

If you want more than one copy, orders for multiple copies will be wrapped and weighed and the buyer advised of final cost.

All UK copies will be sent Recorded Delivery

All Europe and Rest of the World copies will not be tracked but will be appropriately labelled so as to minimise the chance of loss. If you want tracking, you will need to let me know and I will add the extra cost which ranges from £6-£8 depending on where you are. Owing to an alleged theft of a copy of Here Come the Kung Fu Clones last year, trust is out of the window I'm afraid. If the untracked parcel does not arrive, no refund will be given and you will need to place a claim with your local Post Office. I will happily provide proof of postage for this. Blame can be laid at the feet of an Italian member of this board.

Get your orders in fast and I will process them to post the following day.

Once all copies are sold I will recoup my investment and it's hello issue #2!

got it today, read it and loved it, now can`t wait for issue 2 .

everything about this screams quality . well done john :bigsmile:

Thank you, high praise! Not all down to me. Had some top-draw help, so I tip my hat to all involved for making it what it is! Designers, writers, interviewees and those who have submitted their work for the next one.

Can't wait to get my copy. =D

Should be on its way across the pond now!

Fabian if you're reading this, you've paid but I need your address to ship your copy!

The fanzine is now on eBay

Okay, just listed ten copies but the price is higher to account for listing/final value fees. Buy direct from me instead!

Only 100 were printed, so if you'd like one please contact me asap before I get bored of standing in line at the Post Office! :laluot_07:

I got my copy of this fanzine recently and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The content hangs together well, and oddly for me, I read the whole issue from front to back in order. I enjoyed the interviews with Lee's students, which has got me interested in seeking out more information on Bruce Lee's philosophy. The first article on culture and context reads well, as does the first part of the missing footage article. The reviews are concise and helpful.

The sections on the Green Hornet, which I thought would be the least interesting, were anything but. Once again, it's got me interested in something I had very little time for before.

For me, this fanzine is a fascinating and extremely-well presented little effort, and receives a big thumbs up.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just got mine in the mail today, WOW it came really fast, and I live on the other side of the pond, thanks John....

Aurélien Poitrimoult and Emmanuel Lanzi, director and star of The Green Hornet short promote BLR! Regardez!

icpl397422o

Half the print run for issue #1 has sold! Act now to avoid disappointment

Just wondering, what's in these magazines that we haven't already seen, heard or read?

I guess it all depends on what you've already seen, read or heard.

Locating original Bruce Lee student Phil Bardelli was a new experience for me.

As with all things Bruce Lee, this is a fresh take on what we all know and love. If you're looking for something along the lines of a superfan project then this is probably not for you.

Good answer. :wink:

I wasn't trying to pooh on your parade, I just couldn't imagine what new info could have come out recently to fill a whole magazine or two, that's all. Even if one were to interview the old guys like Dan Inasanto, Taky Kimura etc... I doubt they'd have anything new to say and/or would probably change their story a little from the first 50 times they've told it. 'lol

But since you've already mentioned one new subject, "Phil Bardelli", I'll shut up. :wink:

Now, if you can get David Tadman on board to supply the rare photos.....

Archived