How about 668 HD SB movies in a box?

Tosh

I'm back from Singapore with the ZiiEagle and it's worth every cent.

It's made in China though and I hope it lasts.

Hi. Could you please tell me what kind of ports are on the box? USB? What kind of wire connectors are used to connect to TV system and or PC? HDMI? Component?

Thanks.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

For you guys that bought it can you transfer what is already on the Ziieagle and onto your portable drives??? Just for safety precautions, I would transfer some of those movies to some kind of portable device immediately, since I live in the states, and no warranty that's what I would do...

For you guys that bought it can you transfer what is already on the Ziieagle and onto your portable drives??? Just for safety precautions, I would transfer some of those movies to some kind of portable device immediately, since I live in the states, and no warranty that's what I would do...

If somehow it cannot be transferred to other drives, I guess the only other solution to back it up would be to record each movie through a DVD Recorder. 668 movies is a lot of movies to record individually!

In order to back it up, you'd need to connect it directly to your PC, by either installing it inside your PC, or via an external enclosure. There are lots of different programs available that allow you to clone the contents of an hard drive. I'm guessing one of those would work for this.

You can thank me later...

Kidding, kidding, I know this was going to turn up sooner or later:xd: actually we need to thank my buddy Raymond in San Fran that informed me about it, he's Chinese and doesn't even watch these movies.

Thank you Tosh for starting this thread. The ZiiEagle made news in the Chinese press here

too though I don't know of anyone else who actually went down south to Singapore to get it.

Watched Thunderclap tonight and was amazed to see the unfunny narrator who I felt spoilt the movie.

Winfred: care to break down the timing of the ordering process? From the time you ordered to the time you received the box, how long was it. I'm entrusting a friend who will tour Singapore in the next month to order it and ship it oversea. It would be a great help to know. Also how did you order it, by phone in english or through the website?

Sorry Delirious but my ZiiEagle was bought and picked up from Creative's showroom in Singapore. I didn't order it online.

Bummer, look like i will have to email them for more info. Would it be possible using oversea Credit/Debit Card do you think?

It's easy. As I bought it in Singapore during the Xmas vacation, I just went into the store, slapped the (foreign) credit card on the counter and went off as a happy and mostly satisfied customer. Haven't regretted this purchase one moment so far...

So, is it just that the device is limited to 720p, or are the films encoded at that resolution?

It's really odd that an HD product would not be 1080p these days; is this to prevent against possible cannibalisation of future Blu-ray discs?

tantao3-son of tantao2

...seems most-if not all-of these unreleased Shaw movies are not remastered...

Please, can anyone from the Guys, where have the HD Box looking to the Lenght of this Film: CURSE OF EVIL.

I have seen this last Night in the Version from youkou and this play 60 mins , or so.

I think this is a little short for a Kuei Chi Hung Film and I think the Film is in the HD Box longer.

Film is a good Horror Flick.

Secret Executioner

Holy SMOKE !!!! :ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

Looks like one GREAT buy, though it seems like a bunch of files on hard drives and not DVDs or BDs. But again, I suppose a 600+ DVD or BD set would be some expensive (and pretty big) box - maybe if it existed it would include the shelf to store the DVDs/BDs haha. :tongue:

Archived