How about 668 HD SB movies in a box?

Tosh

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take this for what it's worth, but one site reports that this gizmo will include "around 200 titles not released on DVDs and TV."

I think one of these films is Poison or Poisonous Rose. Did that come out on DVD? Black Forest is another.

The previously unreleased Curse Of Evil will be in this box!

I'm confused. Is this like a giant hard drive loaded with a bunch of SB titles with a media player function? If so, even if this is in standard def, this would need to hold at least 3TB. If this is HD, like they say it is, this would need to hold at least 10 to 12TB. The box looks to small to contain 5 or 6 hard drives.

My friend in Spore says he may get it for those unreleased movies and he will try to find a way to burn some movies on DVD for me.

Morgoth Bauglir

Is there a full list of the movies? And I wonder if they are all remastered. I'd love to see Revenge of the Corpse remastered.

This would certainly be the way to go (if you don't own a bunch already like many do).

I might buy the book. Would be a nice reference guide.

This is tempting but I dont think I'll buy it in the near future. I'm sort of old skool, I like to have my dvd in a case with artwork, showcase each movie's individuality.

This is a good deal still, not even a USD per movie.

I would seriously consider getting this, but it looks like they only ship to Singapore addresses. They won't even ship to Hong Kong or Japan. :cry:

Yeah, this is pretty neat. But like someone said above, there's nothing like having HARD COPIES of the movies.

But still... very tempting.

By the way, here's a little more info about it:

http://sg.store.creative.com/products/product.aspx?catid=952&pid=20238

If it was a little cheaper, I'd consider getting it. I tried ordering the book, but the website is all janky and not suited for overseas customers. :(

Order is out now, problem of getting the reminder of the library (like The Killer, Temperament of Life, Black Enforcer, To Kill a Mastermind or Mission Impossible) is finally solved.

PS: If you want hard covers of this or that film, then you can always record from your TV and burn your own DVDR at will.

PPS: You can watch a indepth promo video of the box here:

http://www.vuenetworks.com/

There's no denying it's an incredible product.

Shame the company doesn't ship out of Singapore.

Would like to get the book, too.

Maybe they'll both turn up on eBay.

EDIT: "Censorship process?" - ah, forget it!!

If I had to bet, I'd say there is no way this remains a product that will only be sold in Singapore. There are too many people that would be interested in getting it that live outside that country. They probably signed a deal that gave them a limited time exclusivity, but within a month or so it will become available in Hong Kong/Malaysia, etc. That's just too good a package to limit the money they can make from it to one specific area. There's always eBay Singapore too! :nerd:

I noticed an ethernet port in the back of this thing. Coupled with its small size, I think this could be a way to view this SB library as streaming video when connected to the internet, kinda like netflix. If this is the case, we could possibly see a monthly access fee rather than a the bulk sum up front by the time it gets to our area.

Thanks for posting a full list of the films! The company emailed me with only 100 titles, none of them anything shocking, except for Curse Of Evil.

I have some friends in Sing, so I could order this, but these movies will be made available soon. It's just a matter of time. TKAM subbed! No Shadow Girl, though...

Curious - how many Shaw's were put out by IVL?

I noticed an ethernet port in the back of this thing. Coupled with its small size, I think this could be a way to view this SB library as streaming video when connected to the internet, kinda like netflix. If this is the case, we could possibly see a monthly access fee rather than a the bulk sum up front by the time it gets to our area.

Hmmm it does say that the movies are pre-loaded in that video.

BTW, I noticed the subtitles look more like VCD subtitles, and not the black outlined ones. (unless that video is displaying it wrong).

I'm surprised there isn't more excitement! TKAM, finally remastered. Thunderclap, remastered with subs! Many other rares. This is EPIC news!

Archived