Sleepy Eyes Of Death Collectors Set 2 2/1/2011

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

These films might not be that popular for most here, but I love the Sleepy Eyes Of Death films, I revisit them at least once a month. Sword Of Satan finally remastered!!! Great great film, right there. AnimEigo kicking ass!

These are some links:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleepy-Eyes-Death-Collectors-Set/dp/B004DJ1JYK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1291991877&sr=1-2

http://www.animeigo.com/home

The Master of the Full-Moon Cut Returns - Available January 2011

Edo, the capital of Japan, has degenerated into a tangled web of political intrigue and personal vice. Nemuri Kyoshiro, the half-breed son of a Japanese noblewoman raped by a Christian missionary, lives only for the moment, amused by the chaos that surrounds him. But those who decide to use him for their own ends soon discover that they have made a fatal error! For Kyoshiro wields the fabled Musou-Masamune blade, and is master of the most subtle and deadly technique in all of swordplay, the Full-Moon-Cut. All those who challenge him must face... the Sleepy Eyes of Death!

Included in the second box set are: Sword of Fire (Nemuri Kyoshiro Enjyo-ken), Sword of Satan (Nemuri Kyoshiro Masho-ken), The Mask of The Princess (Nemuri Kyoshiro Tajo-ken), and Sword of Villainy (Nemuri Kyoshiro Burai-ken)

Trailer (#5): QuickTime | WMV, Trailer (#6): QuickTime | WMV, Trailer (#7): QuickTime | WMV, Trailer (#8): QuickTime | WMV.

•One of the most iconic and longest-running samurai film series of all time.

•Starring the incomparable Raizo Ichikawa, “The James Dean of Japan”.

•Based on the writings of legendary novelist Renzaburo Shibata.

•Films 5-8 in a 12-part film series.

I hope it actually is in january of 2011 That would be awesome.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WuxiaFan

VOHL,

Thanks for posting the news on Collector Set #2! I have Collector Set #1, but haven't watched any of them yet! :ooh: I will get Set #2 as soon as it comes out as I keep hearing such good things about this series. Plus I love AnimEgo and want to support them!

Currently watching SEVEN SAMURAI at the moment, so I might go staight to this series next! :smile:

BlackLamaFaction

I love these films. I have the Nemuri Kyoshiro versions of this series so I haven't got a chance to check out the Animeigo versions yet. I heard they look awesome. And films 5 through 8 are some of the best of the series. In fact part 8 (The Sword that Saved Edo) directed by Kenji is easily one of my favorites, the rooftop duel between Raizo and Shigeru Amachi is amazing. Also 7 (Mask of the Princess) is like a sequel to part 4 with that crazy deformed homicidal nut job Princess Kiku. Raizo's combination of 1960's hipness with Edo period Bushido made Nemuri one of the coolest Ronin to ever grace the screen. The ladies love him the men fear him. He's just the man.

Have you guys noticed the warning text at the back of the first box set?

Warning: contains violence, nudity, and nihilism

And I'm not kidding. It says that :tongue:

Great News I just wish it was put out before Christmas and I also wish it was available on Blu-Ray! And lets hope AnimEigo puts the 3rd. Set out with episodes 8-12.

On another note Merlin over at SamuraiDVD.com subtitled #13 & 14 starring a young Matsukata Hiroki after Raizo's sad death, which are classic's and a must have to add to anyone's collection who love this series.

Have you guys noticed the warning text at the back of the first box set?

Warning: contains violence, nudity, and nihilism

And I'm not kidding. It says that :tongue:

The back covers of Shinobi no Mono and Zoku Shinobi no Mono read "Warning: Contains Violence and Ninja Secrets" and "Warning: Contains Violence, Intrigue, and Skulking" respectively. :bigsmile:

I am also jazzed to see vol. 2 up for release! I just wish Animeigo could put out more samurai goodness! There's so much thats not available in Region 1!

Archived