Goo Goon Chung

Cesare

He's one of those people I tend to notice and pay attention to whenever they appear in a film - and I'm curious...

Any info/articles about the guy?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The power of SB makeup! Didn't even recognize this cat.

Goes from Eastern Devil Wong Lung-Su (Brave Archer 1)...

to the lowly ass't Cook Xiao Ding (Chinatown Kid) in a matter of months.

Seems he appears in Gallants -- so he's still working.

He was in a lot of films and worked with a lot of directors. Usually didn't get to play the hero (I guess he looked too girly, soft and overall "yin" to be considered sufficiently "heroic"), but he pulled off some rather memorable villain roles...

And wasn't he the replacement for Norman Chu in the Reincarnated series...?

(One thing that always fascinated me about him was how much he reminded me of Lin Chen Chi at times... Must be the combination of those eye circles and a somewhat mediterranean-caucasian look... :neutral:)

In any case - looks like he has done *a lot* of TV work.

Always think of him as a villain! Wasn't he the demon baby in Descendant Of The Sun?

Yup.

And - without knowing who's in the cast (except for Derek Yee, of course) - I actually kind of anticipated the demon baby to turn into Goo Goon Chung upon growing up. It's just -- a very goo-goon-chung-ish role...

I always remember this guy talking with the feminine voice in one of Fu Sheng's(or maybe Ti Lung?) goofier movies. He plays a good weird, sleazy villain.

Looking at his profile he was in more movies than I thought.

His first listed film was Men From the Monastery (1974).

He got to play a guard

post-1078-144191888684_thumb.jpg

to the right of Chi Kuan Chun (back turned)

and a patriot!

post-1078-144191888689_thumb.jpg

He is left center with Chen Kuan Tai in front

post-1078-144191888692_thumb.jpg

He does have "fascinating" look. I thought he did a great job as 'Eastern Evil' in the Brave Archer series, and as Ku Feng's son in Return of the Sentimental Swordsman. So far, I have not run across any article about him.

As Mars says above, This actor was great as Eastern Evil in the Brave Archer movies.

I have seen him in so many movie - only a handful have been in as many as him, i think (Ku Feng...307 film/tv acting credits...wow!)

I think he was one of the great Shaw characters, and he seemed to be really good with the Kung Fu, whether it was learned in a Shaw training program or where ever he was taught.

He always seems to move so nice. Just a great Shaw legend and I want to give him some recognition with this post....bumped a year to the day since the last post in this thread.

He would be on my top 5 villans list

1 Johnny Wang

2 Lu Feng

3 Ku Feng (When playing a bad guy)

4 Goo Goon Chung

5 Chan Shen

Honorable mention to Sun Shu Pei, who played the Goveners lackey in Invincible Shaolin.

He was also the guy who killed Lo Meng with the wet paper over mouth in 5 Venoms. He wasn't prolofic, but had a good face for weasley bad guys...another good Shaw character actor.

I would be glad to hear any thoughts on Goo goon chung or any other character actors from Shaw that anyone here has a particular liking for.

Yo Tosh

Think Goo Goon Chung plays a female sounding "man" in Magic Blade, seem to remember, its been probably 5 years since I last watched it, him thinking Ti Lung's acu-points had been hit and he's paralysed and giving it the large. Ti Lung just smiles and tells him he has learned to move his points an inch and stabs him up with his wicked tonfa-sword.

As for underappreciated actors-Chan Shen gets my vote, the ONLY Chinese actor to play Dracula in a Hammer flik....and HOW SINISTER IS HE??? he blows the English actor also playing Drac off-screen, Chan Shen steals 7 Golden Vampires....

Archived