The Mechanic: 2011

daisho2004

Jason Statham & Ben Foster star in the remake of Charles Bronson's The Mechanic I love the original and this one looks pretty good, I was kinda hoping someone did a remake of this movie, although I'm not a real fan of Ben Foster's I hope he will change my mind about him in this movie.

Below is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6GNu0jysQ

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Mrs. ShaOW!linDude loves Statham. That looks really, really good. A definite big screen movie. Thanks for the link, daisho2004.

I'm a Bronson fan and I've never seen the original. I should be ashamed.:cry:

Guest WuxiaFan
The original is a classic!

Just picked up the original at Wal-Mart in the $5 bin as part of a Charles Bronson Action 3-Pack. The 3-pack includes the following Bronson movies:

THE MECHANIC

ASSASSINATION

MESSENGER OF DEATH

Haven't seen any of them, so 3 movies for $5, not bad. :smile:

Chinatown Kid

I loved the original as well, both Bronson and Jan-Micheal Vincent were great in it. Gonna definately have to check this remake out.

Am I the only person who just doesn't buy Statham as an action hero? He strikes me like a guy who owns a nightclub and thinks he's a gangster but isn't.

Am I the only person who just doesn't buy Statham as an action hero? He strikes me like a guy who owns a nightclub and thinks he's a gangster but isn't.

Michael L. I like Statham I think he is pretty cool, I think he's better than whatever Bruce Willis was in his day!

Guest WuxiaFan

:khi3f:

I think so. Have you not seen THE TRANSPORTER or THE EXPENDABLES? He's a complete bad-ass in those movies and he will be a complete bad-ass in THE MECHANIC, too.

ShaOW!linDude

I wish they would do a 4th TRANSPORTER movie to redeem that franchise after the abysmal 3rd one.

I wish they would do a 4th TRANSPORTER movie to redeem that franchise after the abysmal 3rd one.

He made a 3rd. movie?

ShaOW!linDude

I did see the 2nd. (I was actually doing some survey work in Miami at the time (Oct.'04) they were filming some of it, specifically some of the chase scenes.)

I liked the 2nd. Granted, it's not as good as the 1st but waaaaaay better than the 3rd. My only qualm with the 2nd is that the villain is depicted early in the film as being a brutal martial artist. The end fight between he and Statham is absolutely lame! The director just wimped out or something.

daisho2004 ---- if you're now curious to see the 3rd, don't go Blu-ray or all that. Just pick up a used dvd or rent it or dvr it or something. Spend as little as possible if you spend anything at all.

Archived