Za Karate on Toei Channel

Gaijin84

I was gonna post this in a new thread but since HAZ did such a bang up job on "13 Steps of Maki", I thought I'd give him first dibs. :tongue:

The Toei channel is airing Tadashi Yamashita's Za Karate (The Karate) trilogy next month: :bigsmile:

Za Karate

http://www.toeich.jp/?act=program-detail&info_id=1TT000000487

Airs: Dec. 6 and again on Dec. 21

Za Karate 2

http://www.toeich.jp/?act=program-detail&info_id=1TT000003458

Airs: Dec. 7 and again on Dec. 20

Za Karate 3: Denko Sekka

http://www.toeich.jp/?act=program-detail&info_id=1TT000000501

Airs: Dec. 8 and again on Dec. 21

I don't know if anyone in our "group" can record them (or already has them), but if not, then I'm pretty sure I can arrange to get them recorded on DVD-R and sent to me for $12 a disc. So the real question is, are you interested in subbing them HAZ? I'm pretty sure this is right up everyone's alley as these are very much in the same vein as the Chiba/Shihomi Karate flicks from the same period.

The Maki thread was a bit dormant, so wanted to move this to a fresh thread - was anyone able to contact someone with this channel and see if it could be recorded? We're about to hit the first showtime date.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have friends in Japan who are asking around to people to see if they have this channel. I don't know if it's unpopular or expensive, but it's been hard finding anyone with Toei TV!

Tried to reintroduce some interest in Toei Channel broadcasts in a thread that i made in october because they were airing Ken Takakura's very first film "Karate Lightning Strike", but the thread disappeared without any follow up.

Hopefully in the future if somebody has a contact in Japan with access to this channel, it would become a great resource for getting these films without having to resort to original Japanese DVDs because they are quite expensive unfortunately..

Anyone heard from EatingFish regarding the Chiba film he was working on subbing?

A recording of the movie is going around the illustrious rare collectors. I don't have a copy, but anyone who's seen the movie has told me it's terrible!

A recording of the movie is going around the illustrious rare collectors. I don't have a copy, but anyone who's seen the movie has told me it's terrible!

Thanks for that, Haz.

I figured it wouldn't be much good, but it's an itch I was looking forward to scratching!

Do you happen to know if the copy in circulation is subbed or not?

Thanks for that, Haz.

I figured it wouldn't be much good, but it's an itch I was looking forward to scratching!

Do you happen to know if the copy in circulation is subbed or not?

No subs. Maybe the subs will make it more interesting, but the feedback has been so negative that I haven't even tried to land a copy. It's too bad. I was hoping this would be a classic, with the cast & all.

No subs. Maybe the subs will make it more interesting, but the feedback has been so negative that I haven't even tried to land a copy. It's too bad. I was hoping this would be a classic, with the cast & all.

That is a shame.

I'd still like to see it, as it's Chiba, and I hope it doesn't get "locked away" by said rare collectors!

Yeah, i'm still hoping the Chiba/Miao flick is available somewhere.

I know EatingFish recorded it (and was working on subbing it), and even distributed a couple of digital files (without subtitles) to a member....

I'd like to view it, even without subs at this point.

Archived