Kung Fu Wing Chun. Anyone else stoked to see this?!

SimonMW

I just noticed that Kung Fu Wing Chun was released in Chinese cinemas on Nov 2nd. Anyone had a chance to see it yet? I've got to say that out of all the Wing Chun films so far, this one, based on the clips I have seen looks like it will be the best of the lot (famous last words!)

I just found this really cool making of segment, and there are some utterly brilliant pieces of choreography, showing Wing Chun in slow motion in a similar way to the way that Taiji was shown in Taiji Master.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE0MzUwNTAw.html

Apart from the relatively underwhelming Ip Man films with Donnie Yen, I haven't looked forward to seeing a film this much in a very long time. Detective Dee looks to be great, but this looks to be awesome! Can't wait to see this!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen it already, its alright but nothing amazing. There is quite a bit a comedy in there but its not particular obnoxious like some of the older hk movies. The fighting is ok but very wirey, the handwork is fairly good but they cut to these wired moves all the time and it gets pretty annoying. Overall a good enough way to spend and hour and a half but it didnt blow me away.

Guest Yi-Long
Ive seen it already, its alright but nothing amazing. There is quite a bit a comedy in there but its not particular obnoxious like some of the older hk movies. The fighting is ok but very wirey, the handwork is fairly good but they cut to these wired moves all the time and it gets pretty annoying. Overall a good enough way to spend and hour and a half but it didnt blow me away.

How was the babe? Fall in love with her!?

I don't mind wirework in the traditional films, especially if it is not all the time and is mixed in with some genuine stuff. Years ago I started off as a wire hater, but now I love films like Taiji Master, OUATIC etc. As long as the wires are there to be uber cool, not just to have people acting floaty for simple every day movements.

I downloaded it from online megaupload and ive already seen it 3times- Great movie and you really get into the characters- Fav

This looks good. I happen to be headed to Chinatown today for some Kung Fu. Hopefully the DVD shops have it! Kara Hui still looks very sexy! :tongue:

Archived