Ashes Of Time

Drunken Cat

Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I just found a remastered version of original cut of Ashes Of Time. It is very similar to the international cut (missing Chinese characters during the prologue, and during the epilogue of Maggie Cheung's character), but runs 100 minutes. I would like to know the source of this version, because this is heads and tails above the horrible World Video DVD or even the slightly better Mei-Ah release.

At first I thought it might be from the French DVD release, because of no hardsubs and the missing chinese characters. That is until I noticed the runtime. Perhaps it is from the OOP Japanese release? If it is, english subtitles or not, I will be looking for this version in the future.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Japanese release is Pony Canyon, and unfortunately is a 4:3 Letterbox... The source I found was a downloaded video. If it is indeed the Japanese release, then I will want to find this DVD.

Guest Yi-Long

It remains a shame that Wong decided he needed to fuck the original up to make a 'redux' version in the vain hope that it might gather a huge CTHD kinda hype....

Sure, he'll say the original video was damaged a bit and he wanted a newer soundtrack and that some were confused with the story so he needed to dumb that up as well.

Doesn't matter. He shouldn't have fucked it up. The original version was perfect. I don't care about some scratches or whatever.

It's already bad enough that you haver fat worthless dickheads like the Weinsteins around that fuck up classics. We don't need director's doing the same thing to their own movies.

Archived