K-20 Legend of the Mask

daisho2004

K-20 Legend of the Mask

Has anyone seen this movie if so how is it?

synopsis:

The story takes place in an alternative Tokyo which has taken a different history. In the fictional capital Teito where the aristocrats continue to thrive since the 19th Century, there is a wide gap between the rich and the poor. The aristocrats own 90% of the wealth in the capital. In the city, there are rumors about a mysterious thief, who only steals from the rich with incredible ways like magician. People call him K-20, that's short for "Kaijin Niju-Menso" (the Phantom Thief with 20 faces).

Endo Heikichi (Takeshi Kaneshiro) is a circus acrobat. One day, he is deceived by a mysterious old man, and arrested as K-20. The old man turns out to be K-20 himself! Heikichi succeeds to escape from the jail, and he decides to hunt down the real K-20 to prove his innocence.

Meanwhile, K-20 sets his eyes on a rich lady, Hashiba Yoko (Takako Matsu), whose fiancé is Akechi Kogoro (Toru Nakamura) who is a famous detective and once arrested Heikichi. Heikichi happens to help Yoko, who is chased by K-20. He somehow convinces Yoko and Kogoro that he is not the real K-20. He begins to fight against K-20 with Yoko and Kogoro, with his courageousness and incredible physical dexterity.

k-20-legend-of-the-mask-k20.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not too bad. It's a charmingly old fashioned adventure movie of a circus acrobat framed for murder... now he has to use his skills to escape the police and find the real criminal... and wear a mask.

The setting is interesting - an industrial retro future of the past. Good special effects, but they still didn't have quite enough money. The surroundings are impressive when they are there... most of the time they aren't.

Unfortunately the action, storyline, and characters aren't anything special. Takako Matsu is downright irritating, which is especially sad considering a decade before she starred in Iwai's April Story which just happens to be one of the 5 best movies ever made anywhere.

Watch it without expectations and you'll be entertained.

This poster is a real beauty and also in line with the film's spirit

k20.jpg

I watched this a little while back, It was okay but I wasn't really in the mood for it which is always a disaster for me, towards the end of the movie I just wanted it to hurry up and end. I need to watch it again when I am in the mood.

Archived