Movies in which the end fight isn't the best fight scene

Apanblod

ShaOW!linDude

BLOOD HEAT starring Kane Kosugi. Just watched that again the other night. The end fight in that could have been soooooooo much better than consisting of 2 guys going at it with sledgehammers for the most part. Still a good movie though.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Like Apanblod said, the Po Chi Lam courtyard fight from Mag Butch is the best fight of that movie, and maybe one of the best ever! I also agree on the Lam Ching Ying-Frankie Chan fight in Prodigal! As crisp choreo as you are ever likely to witness in your lifetime!

Agreed on Dragon Fist and Young Master, both of which, along with Spiritual Kung Fu, are, if there could ever be such a thing as too much fighting in a fu movie, definite examples from Jackie Chan. He did quite a bit of kitchen-sink stuff at that time.

ChineseSausage
Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars - I preferred the warehouse fight to the finale

Police Story 2 - I preferred the playground fight to the finale.

+1 same here

On 12/17/2010 at 3:25 PM, shukocarl said:

Fist of the Double K (Fist to Fist), Henry Yu Young vs the actor who played 'Pigtail Lang' is the best one- to- one in the film.

That'a a great fight but i disagree- the ending in the quarry with Fang Yeh and his trusty whip is epic. Another film that needs a 4k remaster, if the germans do it it'll make my year.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Mr Nice Guy - the Construction Site fight trumps the bungee cord fight with Richard Norton and the demolition finale;

Duel to the Death - the forest fight against the ninja is better than the final one-on-one;

Magnificent Warriors - the rope-dart fight was probably the best in the film;

OUATIC 4 - I think I liked the jail escape fight more than the finale against Chin Kar-Lok and Billy Chow;

Dr. Wai and the Scripture with No Words - I like the chain whip with the ninja more than the final light saber duel;

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Michelle Yeoh vs. Zhang Ziyi was better than the bamboo forest "fight";

License to Steal - the parking garage fight was better than the final duel between Joyce Godenzi and Agnes Aurelio;

Legend of the Wolf - I liked Donnie Yen fighting Mak Wai-Cheung more than his fight with Ben Lam;

Hero (2002) - Jet Li vs. Donnie Yen beats everything that comes after;

The Medallion (2003) - the fights in the first half are better than those in which Chan is superpowered;

The Myth (2005) - the rat-glue factory fight was better than the wired-up finale;

Dragon Tiger Gate (2006) - The earlier fights (Nicolas Tse vs. thugs; Donnie Yen vs. Thugs) easily trumped the finale;

True Legend (2010) - I liked Vincent Zhao Wen-Zhuo vs. Andy On more than Vincent vs. Wrestlers;

Ip Man - the dojo fight was better the finale;

Ip Man 2 - I liked the tabletop fight more than the final boxing match;

Bad Blood - Andy On's fights against Xiong Xin Xin and company were better than the finale betweein Jiang Luxia and Berenice Liu;

Ip Man: The Final Fight - I liked Anthony Wong vs. Eric Tsang more than the climax against Xiong Xin Xin;

Tower of Death - Kim Tai Chung vs. Casanova Wong was better than Kim Tai Chung vs. Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee;

• Like 3

Cognoscente

It's almost as if the film-makers are afraid of people walking out of the cinema, so they blow their load too early.

• Like 2

Police Story 2,while the finale is decent the playground brawl tops it by some distance for me

• Like 3