Wanted Dead or Alive: Classic TV Series

daisho2004

Has anyone ever seen this TV series starring Steve McQueen I picked up the 1st. season at Walmart for $5.00 but DeepDiscount.com has all 3 season for $11.99

Having been teamed with deputy sheriff Jason Nichols during the latter part of Wanted: Dead or Alive's second season, bounty hunter Josh Randall (Steve McQueen) reverts to his original "lone wolf" status as the series' third and final season gets under way -- a reflection, perhaps, of McQueen's notorious reluctance to share the spotlight with any other actor. Although it is McQueen's star power that sustains interest throughout the series' third season, Wanted: Dead or Alive continues to be blessed with the cream of the guest-star crop. The season opener, "The Trial," features James Coburn, fresh from co-starring with McQueen in the 1960 film classic The Magnificent Seven; future director Mark Rydell (On Golden Pond) is prominently cast in "Criss-Cross"; Roy Barcroft, burly bad guy in many a Republic Western, plays a rare sympathetic role in "The Voice of Silence"; comic actor Howard Morris appears as a moonstruck Romeo in "Detour"; and that scheming, Southern-accented saloon gal in "The Twain Shall Meet" is none other than Mary Tyler Moore! Although Wanted: Dead or Alive was still doing well ratings-wise during its third season, Steve McQueen had a hankerin' to quit TV and become a full-time movie star, and thus his series was canceled after 94 episodes. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

683904507297.zoom.1.jpg

* Actor/Actress: Steve McQueen, Wright King

* Format: DVD

* Screen Format: Black & White

* Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

* Rating: NR

* Runtime (minutes): 2378

* Year: 2009

* Number of Discs: 11

* UPC: 683904507297

* Item Number: DTO050729

* Sides: 11

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I watched reruns of this as a kid going up. I was never particularly impressed with it except for the open sequence. Loved the cut down Winchester.

ShaOW!linDude: You know its funny when you watch a TV show when your younger you might love it or hate it, but when you grow up it can turn around. I haven't watch any of the episodes so far, I just haven't had time yet. But I already got the 1st. season so for that price I should get the other 2 in a box set.

ShaOW!linDude

daisho2004 --- Yeah, I guess you may as well. And it's Steve McQueen. Can't go wrong with that. And you're absolutely right about the fickleness of your taste when you're younger and how your perspective may change.

Archived