SamuraiDVD.com

daisho2004

Just a heads up Merlin has got some new classic movies that he has subtitled for us die-hard fans, I just ordered 2 movies myself. If you join his mailing list you get his movies at a discount and that is great news.

These are the 2 movies I ordered from him:

DOJO CHALLENGERS 1: SAMURAI FROM NOWHERE

DOJO CHALLENGERS 2: SAMURAI FROM SOMEWHERE

http://www.samuraidvd.com/servlet/StoreFront

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, wow, Dojo Challengers! I remember seeing the trailers for these and they looked like pure b/w samurai awesomeness. Another great thing about it is they're pretty much just like the titles say: a ronin goes around challenging different dojos to fights.

He's also released the first two "Tales of the Underworld" movies directed by Kihachi Okamoto and starring Toshiru Mifune. This is the first time the first one has been available with english subtitles - http://www.samuraidvd.com/servlet/the-14/TALES-OF-THE-UNDERWORLD/Detail

If you haven't seen Kihachi Okamoto movies, you're missing out. He never got the awards or international acclaim like guys like Akira Kurosawa or Masaki Kobayashi, but he made unique adventure rides with clumsy leads, narcissist bad guys, a ton of black humor and crazy twists and turns. My favorite of his is probably the Age of Assassins, which is about a math teacher with athlete's foot who becomes the target of an organization called the Japanese Population Control Agency. It's led by the old director of an insane aslyum, an ex-Nazi scientist who switches between speaking Japanese and German throughout the film, and who sends multiple waves of his patients from the insane asylum, who he has specially trained to be the world's finest assassins. Just take a moment to digest that.

agef.jpg

Archived