The Magic Blade or Pursuit of Vengeance, which is better?

Morgoth Bauglir

The Magic Blade or Pursuit of Vengeance, which is better?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. The Magic Blade or Pursuit of Vengeance, which is better?

• The Magic Blade
    • Pursuit of Vengeance
    • It's too hard for me to choose

Morgoth Bauglir

I chose The Magic Blade, but I rate both very highly. Magic Blade has Pursuit beat in most areas, like the sets, characters, story and fights. But I liked Lo Lieh’s character in Pursuit more than Magic Blade. “Fu Hong Xue, mind your dick”.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy one Magic Blade is much better.

Pursuit of Vengence tried to do to much, the story was all over the place, and alot of people found the film to be confusing. Prob. a better book than movie.

Morgoth Bauglir

Wow, a cameo from Jim Kelly (or are you Ron Van Clief? :tongue:). I think both movies are superb, but I agree Pursuit tried to do a bit too much with the story. Pursuit also had more comedy, so I think that might put some people off. But the comedy was well done. Like Lau Wing and Ti Lung pulling on eachothers faces to make sure they weren’t wearing a mask, and Lo Lieh taking a bath in the middle of the street.

I have to go with Pursuit. I like revenge plotted flicks anyway, not to mention i thought the action was better and different than most Chu Yuan. In a review i wrote , i remember thinking this was a Sun Chung flick [because of action] when i first saw it. Also you get 2 of Gu Longs famous heroes in a team up movie. Loved it.

Magic Blade grew on me, Pursuit is slowly doing the same but its really Ti Lung's character that I like, Fu Hung Xue is badazz, love how he Is always one step ahead of the villains. Magic Blade provides a satisfying ending, he defeats Yu and walks away from fame and fortune, a notion he's achieved his destiny. Pursuit felt empty, like a nothing is being accomplished here feeling.

Eastern Evil

Man, I love Pursuit of Vengeance but that is a tough question.

Was looking for somthing to throw on tonight, so 'Pursuit...'it is :wink2:

Tomorrow I go see 'The Magic Blade' at the Asian Society movie screening.

Anyone in the NYC area going?

Iron_Leopard
On 11/28/2010 at 7:06 AM, Black.Dragon said:

Easy one Magic Blade is much better.

Pursuit of Vengence tried to do to much, the story was all over the place, and alot of people found the film to be confusing. Prob. a better book than movie.

This is me. I just rewatched Pursuit of Vengeance and I just could not keep up with what was going on and all these characters.

This movie lost me. 

Tex Killer

While have not yet watched Pursuit I am certain it will not rival Blade. Liked mildly Blade after 1st visit but couple of rewatches convinced flick is absolute classic. Best Ti Lung/Chu Yuan flick seen so far. Even as loads of characters movie does not become hard to follow plotwise at all and some creative villains ( devil granny, chess master..)

Iron_Leopard
8 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

While have not yet watched Pursuit I am certain it will not rival Blade. Liked mildly Blade after 1st visit but couple of rewatches convinced flick is absolute classic. Best Ti Lung/Chu Yuan flick seen so far. Even as loads of characters movie does not become hard to follow plotwise at all and some creative villains ( devil granny, chess master..)

Yeah The Magic Blade is hard to beat.

I'm currently on a Chor Yuan marathon. I'm trying to watch all his movies starting with Killer Clans. Some I've seen and some I haven't. But The Magic Blade so far is the best. Not by much though cause I really love The Jade Tiger and The Sentimental Swordsman as well.

Archived