"Bruce Lee, My Brother" was very good. I saw "BL, MB" at AFM 2010

wackiechan

At the recent American Film Market 2010 in Santa Monica, CA, I saw the movie, "Bruce Lee, My Brother". "BL, MB" was very good. There was good acting from Tony Leung Kar-Fai, Christy Chung, and Aarif Rahman. Aarif played Bruce in the movie. I noticed that there were quite a few pretty HK actresses in "BL,MB."

There were some actresses who seemed to be playing Nora Miao, but as a young girl and young adult. I could be wrong about them playing Nora, though.

You might not like the ending, but this may have some good news, and also more info:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/bruce-lee-biopic-tracks-action-heros-early-life-reuters

It's kind of hard to remember "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story", but maybe "BL, MB" is better than "Dragon:TBLS". If you're a fan of Bruce Lee, then I suggest that you watch "BL, MB".

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How was the action scenes? And the storyline?

I think that the action scenes weren't that bad. This was a drama w/ some kung fu, but not a lot.

Don't let that bother you, though, about "BL, MB" not really having a lot of fight scenes, if I remember right about the movie. This is still a very good movie w/ acting and a story that's good, along with other things you might like.

If you want to see a lot more fight scenes, then, like I said in the first message, there might be some "good news" if you click on that Yahoo link.

Yeah, I suspected that there won't be a lot of fight scenes. I guess I can understand that, but I was hoping for an Ip Man kind of film. I think Dragon, the American version was really good..the best, though the fighting wasn't all that. I don't have high hopes for this film. I respect that they didn't advertise this as a nonstop action film like "Chen Zhen".

Archived