Anyone know any good Taiwanese moderns to watch

AbeRudder

I know Taiwan has produced plenty of epic old schoolers but i havent seen many of the modern day martial art flicks they produced. The ones ive seen have been great though. So far ive seen

Book of Heroes

Funny Family

Heroic Family

Mafia vs Ninja

Kung Fu Kids 1

Super Ninja

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Have you seen KF Kids 2? It's about 5x as good as KF Kids 1. And I heard KF Kids 6 is awesome. Also-

Ninja in the USA- Lo rei and Chang Shan

Ninja Condors- Lo Rei and Eugene Thomas, and George Nicholas, the villain from Ninja USA.

No Guilty- Chang Shan is a serial rapist and Ku feng plays his dad. Not much action but the end fight is pretty sweet.

Crazy Girl Killer- good shootouts and fights with Lo Rei. Chang Shan plays the main villain but only gets like 20 seconds of fight time:cry:

Heroic Fight- some really cool gadget fu in this one.

Promising Young Boy- Colin Chou's first movie and some really good fights at the end.

Shanghai 13- you have probbaly seen this one, but if you haven't, get it immediately!!!!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll probably list more later.

BTW, there's also a lot of good late 80's fantasy fu like Magic of Spell, but I'm guessing you are mainly looking for modern movies where people are wearing clothes that fit the time period?

Sweet, much thanks morgoth. I have seen Shanghai 13 and Heroic Fight (dont know why i wrote heroic family :crossedlips:) both were excellent. Will check out the others, ive only seen the first kung fu kids one apparently the others are a lot better so im definitely going to try to get a hold of em. I dont know much bout the fantasy fu ones, ive got child of peach but i havent watched it yhet. If they have good fighting im down for them pretty much.

Morgoth Bauglir

Don’t watch KF Kids 3. rdenn says it has “half a fight” in it. Magic of Spell is Child of Peach Part 2 and tons of fun. Part 3 is called Magic Warriors, but it’s not really part 3, it’s a completely different movie. Then there’s Kung Fu Wonderchild which has Yukari Oshima, Jack Long, and Lam Siu Lau, the lead from Heroic Fight is the lead in all of these movies mentioned. They also all have Chang Shan as the lead villain. They are very fun movies with a lot of action, but the amount of great fu is limited. They have their moments of greatness in that area.

odioustrident

Young Kickboxer can go under the title Kung Fu Kids VI, but its a different film. Both movies are pretty amazing IMO, maybe the best out of Taiwan action-wise?

The Lucky Seven films might be worth checking out if you liked the lesser Kung Fu Kids titles.

Life Is a Bet and Kung Fu Student are two more solid Lo Rei films.

City of Darkness is considered a Taiwanese film as well. Even though Donnie Yen, Collin Chou, Kim-Maree Penn, and Billy Chau have top billing, the real stars include Kung Fu Kids' David Tsao Hsiao-Ho (who also is known as Jet Le in Fists of Legend 2) and Lee Luo.

Little Kids Beat the Boss aka young big boss is one of the best taiwan moderns, it has Benny Lai playing the same character from police story 2, worth seeing.also dragon kid starring Joh Haau-Foo from the kung fu kids series.

Retreat of the godfather

Crazy fighting family

Heroic Victim

the falcon

the outlaw

queen bee

queen bee's revenge

hard men aka Hero dream-alex lo

Life is a bet aka Triad assasinator -alex lo

Big circle blues

Angel of vengeance-osh and alex lo

Over for death games

Lung mun tai po -if u can get it

black rose

Crisis-aka ninja and thief

Thanks a ton guys, this should keep me occupied for a while. Seems like anything with joh haau foo is worth getting, the man is definitely talented from what ive seen.

Thanks a ton guys, this should keep me occupied for a while. Seems like anything with joh haau foo is worth getting, the man is definitely talented from what ive seen.

Yeah David Tsao Hsiao-Ho is an alternate name for Joh-Haau Foo. Just so there's no confusion:wink: He was also known as "Jet Le" for Fists of Legends 2: Iron Bodyguards, a cut-and-paste film where he fought Todd Senofonte (Van Damme's double) and also had Venom Lu Feng as Senofonte's mentor.

Last I heard, he is an action director in Taiwan. He did the action for the HK film Devil Face, Angel Heart with Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung.

Archived