The Worst Film Ever Made?

Guest peringaten

kungfusamurai

The Room is pretty bad. Very amateurish, and pointless. I think the guy who made it financed everything, there's no way any studio or group of investors would help distribute that horrible mess.

I think for 'worst film', you gotta look at someone with a big budget, or a known movie star or director or producer. I mean, it's easy just to find some dolt who got a camera and made a movie off the top of his head. I'm willing to give those guys a break. It's different when you have millions of dollars, top talent, and you still churn out a stinking pile of donkey doo doo.

For now, maybe Hot Potato counts as one. And Godzilla with Matthew Broderick was pretty awful.

KFS

The Room is pretty bad. Very amateurish, and pointless. I think the guy who made it financed everything, there's no way any studio or group of investors would help distribute that horrible mess.

I think for 'worst film', you gotta look at someone with a big budget, or a known movie star or director or producer. I mean, it's easy just to find some dolt who got a camera and made a movie off the top of his head. I'm willing to give those guys a break. It's different when you have millions of dollars, top talent, and you still churn out a stinking pile of donkey doo doo.

KFS

Yes I totally agree with this statement.There are A to Z grade movies and the movies within these categories should be taken for what they present.If a movie has a micro budget and falls within a certain genre,what should be expected? It is extremely hard for me to " hate " or dislike a movie because there are always some redeeming factors be they of artistic or technical appeal therefore based on Kungfusamurai's point,and this is a tough one because it is really hard for me to condemn a movie, I would have to say this film" Romance " makes me very very very angry :xd:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0194314/usercomments.

The interesting thing about this movie is that for every show in the theatre I used to work,men would start leaving the show about 35 - 60 mins tops.If they were couples the man would wait in the foyer/lobby (very crossed) till the movie ended but the ladies stayed till the very end coming out justifying what they have just seen.At the time I said to myself this could be autobiographical in which case it could have been better writing a book and I also found it amazing that all the female staff supported the main character saying .......oh you don't know what women can do in that situation;we identify with her.....and I'm like duh are women that emotionally weak minded? If so God save our mothers,sisters,wives,girlfriends and female colleagues.I have always thought women rule they just don't always take advantage of their power and for this film to be written and directed by a woman? well..................

kungfusamurai

Sounds like a film I would avoid, Kwok, just like I'd have avoided a film like Waiting To Exhale. I can't remember why I even went to see that or who it was with. LOL! Although a female oriented film like Joy Luck Club was really great to watch. I guess it all depends upon the story and directing on whether more than just women will like such films?

KFS

Sounds like a film I would avoid, Kwok, just like I'd have avoided a film like Waiting To Exhale. I can't remember why I even went to see that or who it was with. LOL! Although a female oriented film like Joy Luck Club was really great to watch. I guess it all depends upon the story and directing on whether more than just women will like such films?

KFS

Yeah I remember Waiting To Exhale which unfortunately in a nutshell was portraying the cliche that almost all men are dogs directed I think by Forest Whitaker who I actually have a lot of respect for and met during his promotion of Ghost Dog in the UK and his setting up of a distribution company in partnership with Film 4.Wrong film to take a female friend to see which is based on a novel.You said you can't remember why you even went to see this film or with who I hope it didn't leave a bitter taste afterwards making it and affair not to be remembered :tongue::wink:

Well I really liked Joy Luck Club also based on a book .This is my kind of cinema.Oliver Stone and Wayne Wang did a great job.I've only seen this once and its been a while but the parts I vividly remember are the daily clashes between husband Michael Paul Chan and wife Lauren Tom.Classic.

Grizzly Park

Eight California juveniles serving a week of community service in the secluded, Grizzly Park forest range get more than they bargained for when an escaped serial killer starts stalking the ranks and an even deadlier predator emerges from the darkened foliage in search of a mid-summer snack. With Supervisor Bob (Glen Morshower) leading the way as both troupe leader and spiritual adviser, the criminally inclined delinquents set out to serve their time and seek redemption. But somewhere in these woods dwells a killer whose compulsion to commit murder cannot be satisfied. As if a homicidal maniac wasn't enough for the frightened teens to contend with, they're about to meet the park's hungry namesake face to face - and this bear could care less about honey, it needs some fresh meat in order to survive the upcoming winter.

Black Sheep

A genetic engineering experiment gone horribly awry turns a large flock of docile sheep into unrelenting killing machines in this rural horror comedy directed by Jonathan King and featuring special effects designed by Weta Workshop. When the death of his father and a stress-induced fear of sheep pushes him toward the edge of a nervous breakdown, skilled farmer Henry Oldfield leaves the family farm behind in a desperate bid to achieve inner peace. Upon returning to the farm following a 15-year absence, Henry discovers that his brother Angus has been performing genetic experiments on the sheep. Unfortunately for both the brothers and the rest of the humble farmers who make their living off of the land, these experiments have produced a strain of sheep that crave human flesh and will stop at nothing to satisfy their diabolical hunger

Up the Academy

A teen comedy that does not quite rise to the level of that age group, this uninspired story features Ron Liebman as the Major, a sadistic instructor at a military school. Ralph Macchio (before his 1984 hit, Karate Kid) and other teens of every stripe suffer through the indignities heaped on them by the Major and do their best with the sexual, ethnic, and racial stereotypes that the script gives them to handle

ooh:

Biozombie: Hold on there Bro, I loved Peter Jackson's King Kong! I grew up on the original and this movie was a tribute to the 1933 Classic which Peter Jackson said was one of his favorite films of all time.

Who gave money to make this movie need to be left out in the middle of the ocean Pootie Tang, the musician/actor/folk hero of the ghetto, is chronicled from his early childhood to his battles against the evil Corporate America, who try to steal his magic belt and make him sell out by endorsing addictive products to his people. Pootie must learn to find himself and defeat the evil corporation for all the young children of America, supatime

Morgoth Bauglir

Just to name a few I've seen recently- Nacho Libre, Adventureland and Juno. I thought all of these were going to be good but I was way wrong.

ShaOW!linDude
Did anyone do a search for The Room?

In the Feb.18th issue of Entertainment Weekly there's a story about the cult following this film has begun to achieve that is similar to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". It lists celebs who are devotees of it such as Paul Rudd, Kristen Bell, Jonah Hill, Justin Long, and Rob Lowe.

Sandy Schklair was called in to serve as script supervisor by Tommy Wiseau (the writer, producer, distributor, and star). Due to the......infamous acclaim, I guess you could call it.....Schklair now wants credit for directing the picture saying Wiseau wanted him to call the marks and cues. Wiseau says that's not true and he is the director.

The film was shot simultaneously with both 35mm and HD cameras mounted side by side. Wiseau wants to now release the picture in 3D.

I'm almost curious to see this now.

Guest Yi-Long

Probably not THE worst movie ever, but I do absolutely HATE it.

Pretentious OTT anti-addiction after-school special.

The movie? Requiem for a Dream. Horrible horrible horrible.

I've seen more nuance from guests on the Jerry Springer show.

Secret Executioner
Considering the MASSIVE hype, its budget, its running time and story... AVATAR.

FINALLY someone mentions this. That and James Crapron's Titanic (AKA "a playboy and some actress (who had to work hard on the part cause it's sooooo different than what she played before) shitting on 1,500 persons' graves") are the absolute worst.

At least the Turkish spoofs and The Room are funny in how bad they are, these James Crapron blockbusters are just pretentious horsecrap.

Taken 2. Now, this doesn't mean that there aren't worse films out there, of course there are. But few films got me as angry and disappointed as this one. It's everything you liked about Taken, only reversed. The characters are worse, in fact the whole script is a mess. And the action, if you can even call it that. Megaton makes me so angry because he keeps getting work, apparently without actually doing anything a good director should do like, say, make a shot list, frame your action sequences, make sure that within the film you can actually see what the hell is happening, otherwise it may as well be a book. Film is a visual medium and should be treated as such. As soon as shaky cam and hyper editing come into the picture it is no longer a film using images to tell the story, it is merely a series of images flashing before your eyes with no emotional impact whatsoever. Blimey that's quite a rant!

Morgoth Bauglir

Junior 1994- Was Ivan Reitman going for an oscar or something? After Twins and Kindergarten Cop I don't know how he made something this horrible. The worst movie ever made.

DragonClaws
Junior 1994- Was Ivan Reitman going for an oscar or something? After Twins and Kindergarten Cop I don't know how he made something this horrible. The worst movie ever made.

The only Arnie film I refused to watch. I enjoyed his other comedies but haven't even given this one a single viewing.

ShaOW!linDude
...make sure that within the film you can actually see what the hell is happening, otherwise it may as well be a book. Film is a visual medium and should be treated as such. As soon as shaky cam and hyper editing come into the picture it is no longer a film using images to tell the story, it is merely a series of images flashing before your eyes with no emotional impact whatsoever. Blimey that's quite a rant!

And I love it!!! Completely spot on! (And I haven't seen Taken 2 yet either, but it it's like this? Pass.)

Taken 2 is great. Script is not a mess, I love continuation straight where part 1 ended. Hyperediting in fight scenes is irrating but it`s not like a new thing in hollywood. That`s what you get when non-martial arts does fighting. "Fights" in Matt Damons Jason Bourne movies are worse...

The worst movie I ever saw was Freddy Got Fingered. I saw this in theaters because I was hanging out with two of my friends one night, we got bored, and one came up with the idea of seeing this...This is about Tom Green's animator wanting to get out of his father's house and to really cause crap within his family, he makes a claim that his brother was "fingered" by their father. This was just an excuse to amp up raunchy and gross-out humor, including Green beating off a horse and accidentally killing a deer only to wear its skin and the piece de resistance, the final confrontation between Green and father and it involves an elephant but not how you think...

I was so disgusted that when we went to the diner afterwards for some grub, I just gave my friend (the one whose idea it was to see this) the "I want to kill you" look the entire time.

Ax'Em.

Extremely low budget ghetto-slasher film. It is so bad, it isn't entertaining. There is like a 10 minute sequence of people saying corny yo momma jokes. I'm pretty sure the killer uses a hatchet, not an axe. There are some scenes that you can actually see the camera/film crew or their shadows.. The movie is really just so bad I don't understand how it got distribution, let alone a DVD release. (It was made in 92). I bought it for like $1 on DVD from "Movie Gallery" when it was going out of business.

Avatar's pretty bad. Unfortunately wife loves it

The 3rd Austin powers is brutal

Any fast & the furious

Flying swordsgirl

Legend of the 8 samurai

I'm sure I'll think of others

Secret Executioner
The worst movie I ever saw was Freddy Got Fingered. I saw this in theaters because I was hanging out with two of my friends one night, we got bored, and one came up with the idea of seeing this...This is about Tom Green's animator wanting to get out of his father's house and to really cause crap within his family, he makes a claim that his brother was "fingered" by their father. This was just an excuse to amp up raunchy and gross-out humor, including Green beating off a horse and accidentally killing a deer only to wear its skin and the piece de resistance, the final confrontation between Green and father and it involves an elephant but not how you think...

I was so disgusted that when we went to the diner afterwards for some grub, I just gave my friend (the one whose idea it was to see this) the "I want to kill you" look the entire time.

When I first heard of this, I thought it was a Nightmare On Elm Street spoof (true story). :tongue: