Funimation - new samurai film releases

whitesnake

Funimation has announced the following samurai film releases.

Tajomaru - a samurai film from 2009, for release sometime in Summer 2011

Feb 1, 2011

Love and Honor - from Yuji Yamada - $14.98 - new lower price

Feb 22, 2011 - 3 live action releases

Ichi - the recent blind swordswoman film - on Blu-Ray and DVD - $19.98 - new lower price

Alien Vs. Ninja - ninja (not samurai) vs alien invaders in historical setting - on Blu-Ray and DVD

Goemon - the recent CGI samurai/ninja movie - on Blu-Ray and DVD

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alien vs Ninja is pretty awesome. Can't wait to get it on BD.

Wonder if Mutant Girls Squad will be coming out around the same time? Hopefully they won't forget to include the spin off movie like they did with Vampire Girl...

Yes, I agree, Alien vs Ninja is great. Every bit as fun as the title would lead you to expect. It's low budget but the movie knows it; the finale is basically 20 minutes non stop martial arts with a ninja vs a man in a rubber suit.

Didn't know that they finally announced Goemon! Can't wait to get that on blu-ray. Also looking forward to seeing Alien Vs. Ninja. Thanks for the info!

Ichi on the other hand isn't very good. It's ok - girls with swords is always a good concept, and Haruka did her own action - but doesn't really have anything to stand out. Pretty mediocre in every sense.

kungfusamurai

Alien vs Ninja - I just looked at the trailer, it looks like a riot. I was expecting the Ridley Scott Alien. What would be great would having Predator in ancient Japan or China. See if the Asians could kick their butt!

KFS

Archived