Bruce Li: The man and the myth DVD

Silverfox89

ChineseSausage
- "you talk like you've really been around"

- "So what about it?!"

- "You should know....Bruce Lee"

- "And maybe you should know how to box"

LOL!

Bruce Li's dubbed voice sounds like a chicano (mexican-american) in this film, particularly in that line:xd:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChineseSausage
i swear someone mentioned it in this thread? Had something to do with Linda Lee..

Not sure, but I've seen it in every version of the english dubbed film, not only on the VideoAsia disc.

8 minutes of additional footage in the Japanese print not available on any UK or US print. The Japanese print seems to be different

from the US/UK prints in more ways than one. For example; in the US print there is an induction to the film of sorts made by way of

a pre-narrative extrapolating upon the Life/Death/Legacy of Bruce Lee. Essentially Bruce Lee, The Man the Myth is a supposed

biopic. The extra audio bit at the intro effectually circumducts around the moment's of his life which led up to his death, however, in

the Japanese print although the scenes narrated in the US/UK prints are there, that audio does not exist. On one hand, you have

additional footage/audio in the Japanese print, on the other hand essentially a cut print with additional audio In the US/UK Prints.

If I remember correctly the Japanese print had an extra scene in the epilogue of the rumours surrounding Lee's death...the extra scene was the one where 'Lee' arrives at 'Betty's' with a nasty bruise (dim mak strike?) on his body..so he reaches for a handy bottle of booze.

Other snippets include showing a couple of stills from each movie as the film moves from BOSS, to WAY to ENTER. I'm suprised this amounts to 8 mins-but I could be wrong?

Son Of A Gun
Not sure, but I've seen it in every version of the english dubbed film, not only on the VideoAsia disc.

The UK dvd and VHS have the USA dub for that scene which matches the rest of the dub.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Lee-Man-Myth-DVD/dp/B00004T11B

It's like... why does the Big Boss english dub revert back to the original HK english dub during the riverside scene near the end of the film? On Media Asia and Fortune Star's remastered prints anyway.

And Daigoro, thanks for the interesting info. 8mins of extra stuff is a nice amount. :smile:

TheFlyingPanda

Daigoro, I salute you for your effort in putting together a decent The Man, The Myth together! This news was so exciting to hear! I will personally create an ultimate DVD cover for you on this project, from scratch!

Here is a sneak peek, still working on it and fleshing it up filed with art.

BruceLeecoustomcover.jpg

TheFlyingPanda,

you have great spirit im glad you took the time to do some fan art. You know, i don't ever think i've even seen Bruce Li artwork

before. He is just amazing. When i was very very young i remember watching some Bruce Li films (TMTM included), for some

reason it seems i used to think Bruce Li was Bruce Lee, only to be told i was mistaken and that this was his BROTHER. :)

Well, obviously he isn't Bruce, but i can't help enjoy Ho Chung Tao's films as much, or more. Ho Chung Tao detested being

known as a Bruce Lee predecessor of sorts. He seemed to genuinely want to pursue his own acting career, but it's almost

ironic that Bruce Li, after playing Bruce Lee for many years ended up teaching Kung Fu in America for a while as Bruce

Lee. Anyways, i am still working on finishing this. It's going a little slow, I've been involved with outside summer activities

but im confident it can still be released in June.

TheFlyingPanda

Thanks! I agree, love Ho Chung Tao films, he is a good Martial artist in his own terms and should be recognized other than a Bruce Lee imitator. It's funny, me and a friend; also a fellow martial artist, were talking about how we liked Ho Chung Tao's films, because he had agility and moved fast and always entertained with allot of action. He did a good job in The Chinese Stuntman and did not try to be Bruce Lee in that film (which had Jeet Kun Do) and Inosanto in it. Good luck on the project!

Everything is on schedule for a release in June. Because of countless cuts made in the American and UK prints i have

decided it would be best to leave out the english dub. Japanese cut has a great Cantonese track so I've decided to focus on

the subtitles most of all. They will not be dubtitles, Ive decided to have the film translated by an acquaintance of mine. He is

Japanese, but he understands Cantonese well. It's not his first language, but he has done well and the script has improved

noticeably. As far as the cost of this DVD, it will be made available for FREE as any other project i decide to be involved w/

in the future. I'm not going to upload it to ADC, if someone else does i could care less, but I'm going to upload it to a regular

torrent site like i did with Showdown at Cotton Mill. There will be two editions, the DVD-5 which i will release to the public,

and a DVD-9 which i will release to the individuals who showed a particular interest in the project in this thread. To clarify,

The DVD-9 will be different from the DVD-5 because that version will have the work on the print as seen in comparative

screen-shots. The DVD-5 will have no print work. It will be released as is for the public release (Great quality/WS/Subtitles).

Upon completion of the enhanced print, I will notify the people i have chosen to receive a copy following the release of the

DVD-5. Each will receive a DVD-9 (also FREE). I have the list decided, and the list is final.

I just want to clarify, the only reason i am releasing two versions is because originally i had planned to do dubtitles, but once

i started to transcribe the film i thought it would be better to have the film translated instead. This way the subtitles are better.

Now, there has not really been that much interest in this project, this is the reason i thought it would be ok to release a DVD-5

version, and a DVD-9 as well to those that showed a particular interest, but the reason i cannot release a DVD-9 by the end of

June is because of time constraints and the unforseen opportunity to have the film transcribed instead. I have to release this

(in June) as promised. Thank you for your patience, won't be long now. :)

I'm a bit late to the proceedings, but this is all great news. Always wanted to see a Cantonese version of this.

Daigoro, I can tell you've put a lot of work into it. I look forward to the result.

doesn`t matter to me if its dvd5 or 9 i just want to see a uncut widescreen print, thankyou again daigoro.

doesn`t matter to me if its dvd5 or 9 i just want to see a uncut widescreen print, thankyou again daigoro.

The Japanese print is not a DVD-9, it's a DVD-5 if i end up releasing a DVD-5, there is nothing to compress. The quality of

the print is pristine in the sense that it is true widescreen w/o no damage. I think it could use some work but then that's how

i see a lot of 'official' AND 'unofficial' releases. The subtitles are coming along great. I would say the pleasure of watching this

is nearly tripled with the newly translated subtitles. It's a pleasure to work on it, especially knowing i will be able to hand this

/it (as I'll do with any future project I'm involved with) %100 FREE back to fans. This is the first release from my own team,

i call it FREEsubs. It's a one man team, but trust me I'm a one man gang when it comes to doing this right. Actually i prefer

to call the shots. Now, i may re-schedule the release date for this DVD to July 4, and release an enhanced version but i have

to see how things go, I'm still timing the subtitles so they are perfect. Anyways, i already have a slew of NEW projects i have

completed over the years which I'm also going to release, no wait time. I might release

or Snow Woman next.

This is fantastic! I look forward to the finished product and wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

silver hermit

i'm not the biggest clone fan but this film always had a special place in my heart as it was one of the first films i saw as a youth. i'm glad a fan is putting in some work for all the fans will enjoy. your sentiments are noteable digaro well done :angel: i will track down your version one day.

Tigerstyles

Me too one of those memories that haunt you but you still have to re watch it over n over if just for those High school scenes!!

Hope to see this soon...

once you have sent out your batch of DVDs would it be ok to share on ADC?

bruceleeclones

Hey, I've been keeping a close eye on the progress of this project and I'm glad that it is coming along so well. If I can help out in any way, then just let me know.

ChineseSausage
"Yeah, they're on their way to Charlie's now,...to get hiiiigh"

He wanted to go but he couldn't 'cause he had to keep in shape. You know how hard he worked.

Son Of A Gun
He wanted to go but he couldn't 'cause he had to keep in shape. You know how hard he worked.

:xd:

"Alright, open your hand."

Look at the white guy with the afro in the background of that scene. It's Seth Rogan. :xd:

And yes, I hope this dvd is happening. But I think it's pretty safe to say it is. There's no good reason why it wouldn't, as far as we know. Just gotta be patient.

Archived