Bruce Li: The man and the myth DVD

Silverfox89

Son Of A Gun
"I.. can't let them do that to me!"

(or something like that that... Bruce says it after he gets attacked at the airport)

It's... "But I know what to do.....because I wont let them do this to me!"

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
argh man, hope this doesn't vannish away?

I would'nt worry about that happening. Bruce Li's fury is just waiting to be unleashed. I only play a small role and am simply

the person who happens to be the one giving everyone an opportunity to see it Free. I tell you what, im sort of involved in an

art project this moment but i'll be finished by the end of this week. The person who said he would send a copy of the Video

asia print vanished, but i will just go ahead and start on it on mon-tues anyway. From there, providing i am allowed to work

without major distraction, the time bracket would be a mere 2-3 weeks before release. I will probably upload it. After this is

complete there are more projects i have already completed in the past, I'm going to release those free as well, no wait time.

There will be alternate methods of dispersal used, but i will comment on that when the time arises.

EDIT: I made several clarifications and have chosen to REMOVE my Unrelated comments on Bootlegging.

Guest Markgway
One last comment i have to chime in on is the bootleggers. It never felt the effects of it at least on a personal level, even

when the bootleggers took my work it never bothered me but now since there are huge stands in every mall (approx 150

titles each), run by hindu's selling bootlegs out there, i have to tell you i can't stand it. It's straight up illegal. Giving some

-thing out for free to a bunch of people OK sure, but selling them to little kids? Blimey. Question, is this how it is in the UK

or other Countries? -- Large REDSUN/PANMEDIA Bootlegs stands everywhere, in all the malls, or is the situation different.

Bootlegs don't present the same problem in the UK.

I guess our restrictions are much tighter.

odioustrident

There is definitely more enforcement in the UK, a film fair in the US can consist entirely of bootleggers... dozens of stands at a horror convention for instance. A film fair I was regularly attending in London saw the (very few) guys selling boots shut down.

sifu iron perm
I would'nt worry about that happening. Bruce Li's fury is just waiting to be unleashed. Actually, i only play a small role and

am simply the person who happens to be the one that giving everyone an opportunity to see it free. I tell you what, im sort

of involved in an art project this moment but i'll be finished by the end of the week. The person who said he would send me

a copy of the Video asia print vanished, but i will just go ahead and start on it on mon-tues anyway. From there, providing

i am allowed to work without distraction, the time bracket would be a mere 2-3 weeks before release. I will probably upload

it. After that, there are more projects i have already completed in the past, I am going to release those free as well, no wait

time. There will be an alternate methods of dispersal used, but i will comment on that when the time arises.

One last comment i have to chime in on is the bootleggers. It never felt the effects of it at least on a personal level, even

when the bootleggers took my work it never bothered me but now since there are huge stands in every mall (approx 150

titles each), run by hindu's selling bootlegs out there, i have to tell you i can't stand it. It's straight up illegal. Giving some

-thing out for free to a bunch of people OK sure, but selling them to little kids? Blimey. Question, is this how it is in the UK

or other Countries? -- Large REDSUN/PANMEDIA Bootlegs stands everywhere, in all the malls, or is the situation different.

All Respects Due..

Son Of A Gun

Oooh, something I just thought of Daigoro.

Try to use the english dub track from the ''UK'' Man the Myth dvd. Because the audio on the Video Asia release is more muffled or lacks any crispness. You could use the Video Asia track to fill in the gaps of course where the UK dvd is missing footage.

I can give you the .AC3 file english dub track. Up to you.

Daigoro...

Cover is nice. Is that your design?

FATE CHANGES YOU, YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT.

ChineseSausage

Daigoro, let me know if you still need any of the tracks on the VideoAsia's version of The Man, The Myth for your project. I can upload them for you.

Cheers.

P.S. If that's the cover of the japanese version, why does it say 4:3? I though it was widescreen.

Son Of A Gun

4:3 - can mean "non anamorphic" or "Letterboxed" usually. It can still be widescreen.

If it said "16:9" then that would mean it's anamorphic widescreen.

If it was not widescreen it would normally say "Full Frame" or "1:33:1 ratio" or "Pan & Scan"

But companies do make mistakes.

Key:

4:3 widescreen = non anamorphic widescreen aka letterboxed.

4:3 full frame = Pan & Scan or it can be Open Matte.

16:9 = Anamorphic widescreen.

If a dvd cover just says "4:3" and nothing else, then your guess is as good as mine. :bigsmile:

4:3 - can mean "non anamorphic" or "Letterboxed" usually. It can still be widescreen.

If it said "16:9" then that would mean it's anamorphic widescreen.

If it was not widescreen it would normally say "Full Frame" or "1:33:1 ratio" or "Pan & Scan"

But companies do make mistakes.

Key:

4:3 widescreen = non anamorphic widescreen aka letterboxed.

4:3 full frame = Pan & Scan or it can be Open Matte.

16:9 = Anamorphic widescreen.

If a dvd cover just says "4:3" and nothing else, then your guess is as good as mine. :bigsmile:

Yeah, wot he said!:wink:

ChineseSausage

Thank you. Should have known better after all these years of getting kung fu films.

Son Of A Gun

So does anyone know why that Betty Ting Pei bedroom scene switches to a different dub on the Video Asia print?

sifu iron perm
So does anyone know why that Betty Ting Pei bedroom scene switches to a different dub on the Video Asia print?

i swear someone mentioned it in this thread? Had something to do with Linda Lee..

Son Of A Gun

You mean the dialogue in the scene had to be changed?

Weird, because the dialogue in this alternate dub is pretty much the same as the other dub isn't it? apart from one weird bit where the Betty double says "Hurry, my husband will be home soon". :ooh: What husband?

Killer Meteor
i swear someone mentioned it in this thread? Had something to do with Linda Lee..

Well..

the UK video tape uses the entire US dub.

The version released to US video switches for that one scene to the original Hong Kong English dub.

Son Of A Gun

Yes, I have the UK VHS and dvd too.

So that alternate dub is known as the HK english dub? Makes sense. Bit like the Big Boss having 2 english dubs. Export and USA.

So does anyone have the 'Man The Myth' with the full HK english dub?

Son Of A Gun

- "you talk like you've really been around"

- "So what about it?!"

- "You should know....Bruce Lee"

- "And maybe you should know how to box"

Archived