Yes!! I say that line to my son all the time! :xd:

Funniest scene ever.

"Alright boys...move that barricade out of the way"

"Charrrrrrrrge!!!!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sifu iron perm

that's got to be one of the best funniest scenes in the bruce-fake-alike flicks..

but my fav was when the black dudes attack Phillip and then Bruce saves the day..check the funny war cries..too jive!

"Faith changes you, you cannot change it.

You must announce that you are dead. Your wife, your children, your friend and above all, your work. You will live as a recluse for 10 years."

I like how the old guy puts Bruce's work above his wife and children! lol

sifu iron perm

You must announce that you are dead. Your wife, your children, your friend and above all, your work. You will live as a recluse for 10 years."

was that meant to be krishnamurti?

sifu iron perm

was there a bootleg or a proper soundtrack of this film..the jazz tracks used were on point!

Plus the grange hill(my UK family) type tune playing during the beg credits is cool also..

A Hong Kong VHS would have been released but I've never seen one. I wouldn't mind a copy myself although apart from the language the content is probably identical to the Japanese DVD.

there was a Cantonese Version out on HK VHS, link here

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=14432&vid=159071

it also was seemingly the only uncut Print until the Japanese DVD

The only thing missing was "Bruce" hitting up the Hashish Brownies!

:tongue:

and the scene with him walking down the street and those hoods jump him, leaving him for dead... priceless.

Wasn't Ho Chung Tao a lil' chubby in this role?

Although i am still waiting to hear from the person who said he would send me a copy of the Video Asia version last week, i got a

chance to take a close look at the prints. There is around 8 minutes of additional footage on the Japanese print, that is not on the

US/UK print. When i heard about the 2 additional commentaries on the Video Asia release my first inclination was to include them

as well as the english dub, however this could be a problem. Im not saying i cannot do it, but here's why i am saying it will delay the

project further. I know how to add additional tracks, it's quite easy, re-syncing audio tracks is also not a problem (all i would have to do

is use PgcDemux+delaycut+Mpc+Muxman). Here's the problem. In order to add those additional tracks i would have to make multiple

cuts of the three additional tracks and align them so they play seamlessly going back and forth between the additional tracks and the

extended video and Cantonese track. That is something i have never done.

I could do it, but the question becomes, is this movie worth it. I think this movie is worth it, but, i will have to see how it goes. The

Japanese print has a Cantonese audio track, but is a re-dub, even that is not the original track. Most of the film takes place in the

USA not HK, believe or not Bruce Li and everyone else are actually speaking English in the video so as far as a re-translation or dub-

-titles i think it would be wise to stick close to the English dub and use careful judgment should there be instances where i know the

script would improve with a change in the choice of wording.., then i will. Someone made a suggestion that i crop the letter-boxed print

so that it would be anamorphic. Here's my response to that. I will, but i am only going to crop it so far (about half). The reason is that

there are Japanese subtitles burned into the print. Half of them appear beneath the action, but once the amount of dialogue begins to

flow the subtitles actually move onto the print.

As to how i will go about releasing this print, i am not entirely sure, but it will be free. I have some ideas, no time to get into them now.

After this is complete, I am actually considering forming my own team & release custom subtitled projects. It'll be called FreeSubs.

I think the people out there should get these projects free, and not have to pay for them whatsoever. It's the best way to do it period.

My intentions are true, and i do not want them to become clouded at the prospect of money. If someone contacts me about my list,

not from Kungfucinema and wants to pay me $1,000's for a movie fine, but they people here are going to get it free. I hardly have the time or interest in trading these days, but i have around 250 Custom Subtitled projects on my tradelist. Many of which i completed myself. I would just ask people what they wanted to see the most, why not just give it away. Then let them vote and find a way to

get it to them.

Lastly, i like the Idea behind houndslow team, but i doubt i will ever join them. Houndlow team is non-profit, it actually is a team that

was formed in honor of the late great Andrew "Jocky" Jones (aka houndslow), a person who was a grand-master level collector here.

A well known respected person who people (including me) could not help but feel a certain growing level of brotherhood with. It was

about an mutual affinity for Kung fu movies. The motives behind the formation of that team are true and honorable, i don't care how

anyone tries to make it seem. I'm not the one who is going to even that has happened, but i will say even if they did make a mistake

so what, they are just people. To release projects out of a true love for the genre out of the memory of the comradery made and felt

by others is motivated by intentions that are very pure.

Cheers,

Daigoro

Son Of A Gun
that's got to be one of the best funniest scenes in the bruce-fake-alike flicks..

but my fav was when the black dudes attack Phillip and then Bruce saves the day..check the funny war cries..too jive!

Yep, and the heavy breathing on the mic. :xd:

(In a whimpering voice)

Phillip - "Please don't fight him Bruce, please don't!!!" "Don't Bruce!" "That guy's a Karate expert"

Bruce - "Don't you know anything about Karate, Phillip? It came from Kung-Fu used in China" "So, I'm not afraid... to fight this guy"

PDVD_308.png

Although i am still waiting to hear from the person who said he would send me a copy of the Video Asia version last week, i got a

chance to take a close look at the prints. There is around 8 minutes of additional footage on the Japanese print, that is not on the

US/UK print. When i heard about the 2 additional commentaries on the Video Asia release my first inclination was to include them

as well as the english dub, however this could be a problem. Im not saying i cannot do it, but here's why i am saying it will delay the

project further. I know how to add additional tracks, it's quite easy, re-syncing audio tracks is also not a problem (all i would have to do

is use PgcDemux+delaycut+Mpc+Muxman). Here's the problem. In order to add those additional tracks i would have to make multiple

cuts of the three additional tracks and align them so they play seamlessly going back and forth between the additional tracks and the

extended video and Cantonese track. That is something i have never done.

I could do it, but the question becomes, is this movie worth it. I think this movie is worth it, but, i will have to see how it goes. The

Japanese print has a Cantonese audio track, but is a re-dub, even that is not the original track. Most of the film takes place in the

USA not HK, believe or not Bruce Li and everyone else are actually speaking English in the video so as far as a re-translation or dub-

-titles i think it would be wise to stick close to the English dub and use careful judgment should there be instances where i know the

script would improve with a change in the choice of wording.., then i will. Someone made a suggestion that i crop the letter-boxed print

so that it would be anamorphic. Here's my response to that. I will, but i am only going to crop it so far (about half). The reason is that

there are Japanese subtitles burned into the print. Half of them appear beneath the action, but once the amount of dialogue begins to

flow the subtitles actually move onto the print.

As to how i will go about releasing this print, i am not entirely sure, but it will be free. I have some ideas, no time to get into them now.

After this is complete, I am actually considering forming my own team & release custom subtitled projects. It'll be called FreeSubs.

I think the people out there should get these projects free, and not have to pay for them whatsoever. It's the best way to do it period.

My intentions are true, and i do not want them to become clouded at the prospect of money. If someone contacts me about my list,

not from Kungfucinema and wants to pay me $1,000's for a movie fine, but they people here are going to get it free. I hardly have the time or interest in trading these days, but i have around 250 Custom Subtitled projects on my tradelist. Many of which i completed myself. I would just ask people what they wanted to see the most, why not just give it away. Then let them vote and find a way to

get it to them.

Lastly, i like the Idea behind houndslow team, but i doubt i will ever join them. Houndlow team is non-profit, it actually is a team that

was formed in honor of the late great Andrew "Jocky" Jones (aka houndslow), a person who was a grand-master level collector here.

A well known respected person who people (including me) could not help but feel a certain growing level of brotherhood with. It was

about an mutual affinity for Kung fu movies. The motives behind the formation of that team are true and honorable, i don't care how

anyone tries to make it seem. I'm not the one who is going to even that has happened, but i will say even if they did make a mistake

so what, they are just people. To release projects out of a true love for the genre out of the memory of the comradery made and felt

by others is motivated by intentions that are very pure.

Cheers,

Daigoro

I think you are doing a splendid job Daigoro! The Commentaries IMHO aren't up to much at all. Badly recorded - they sound like phone conversations. A better solution would be to have someone with a good knowledge of the film record a new commentary. I'm sure there would be a few on this forum or the Clones site that would gladly do it! Please add me to the list when you are ready to release it and let me know of the costs/shipping etc.

Thanks.

Carl Jones

Guest Markgway

get it to them.

Respect due.

Yeah, I definitely gotta give Daigoro props for doing this for free. But, seriously, I don't think the commentaries are worth it because the sound quality of the commentaries are awful, and really going through the trouble of making them audible will just add even MORE time and effort to your project for something I think the payoff isn't enough for. This is only my opinion, of course. Once again, your efforts are appreciated.

Son Of A Gun

Yep, the audio commentaries aren't that closely connected with the movie anyway. They're mostly about the real Bruce and his life and very little to do with the actual movie, from what I recall. So leaving them off this dvd would be no real loss.

ChineseSausage
Nice one Daigoro. I want a copy too, please. I was actually going to do the same colour correcting and subtitling to this print too, but seeing as how you're doing it, I wont have to now. :wink:

"Listen, Bruce Lee isn't here today because he is afraid. He's afraid of your instructor.

I now declare Murayaki...the winner!"

"If I was Bruce Lee, I wouldn't have showed up either"

"Karate always defeats kung-fu"

:xd:

I always lol at that line

Son Of A Gun

Daigro, if that copy doesn't turn up there is an easier way. Whoever has a copy of the dvd can extract the 2 commentary tracks as two .AC3 files (which aren't very large) and upload them for you to a free host like "Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com"

I would do that for you but unfortunately my copy of the dvd is damaged midway through.

"I.. can't let them do that to me!"

(or something like that that... Bruce says it after he gets attacked at the airport)

thedirtytiger

There were plans to do new DVD of Bruce Lee The Man The Myth a couple of years ago but due to everyone being such tight bootlegging bastards and never actually paying for anything, they decided not to bother.

sifu iron perm
"I.. can't let them do that to me!"

(or something like that that... Bruce says it after he gets attacked at the airport)

whilst clenching his fist!

I recall when one of the goons got kicked and split his pants/trousers during the airport scene.

silver hermit
There were plans to do new DVD of Bruce Lee The Man The Myth a couple of years ago but due to everyone being such tight bootlegging bastards and never actually paying for anything, they decided not to bother.

what dvd company? care to elaborate?

Guest Markgway

Who knew? Unfortunate if Video Asia scared this unnamed distributor off, but I really don't see any of these potential fan projects causing a ripple. We all know that every fan here would rebuy a film several times over if it was a new and improved edition.

Linn Haynes was helping collate materials for a company (Crash Cinema?) when the project was grounded suddenly. No doubt the PD releases didn't help.

Archived