Bruce Li: The man and the myth DVD

Silverfox89

I realized it was the Cantonese print with Chinese and English subs, I was more enquiring to the availibilty of the print in the form of home video.

A Hong Kong VHS would have been released but I've never seen one. I wouldn't mind a copy myself although apart from the language the content is probably identical to the Japanese DVD.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's probably the case (the content not being much different from the JP DVD, I mean), but I'm interested in this particular one more for the fact it has English subs.

Here are some screenshots of BRUCE LEE, THE MAN THE MYTH fullscreen and widescreen. I will start subtitling it on monday.

I intend to add the english dub as well as the two audio commentaries if i can get them, if noone assists me in getting those tracks

then i will get them myself and keep the new version to myself and a select few. I would also like to work on the print. This process

can be quite extensive, not necessarily drawn out but extensive in the manner of how i do it. It's not that i've become skilled, it's

only because of the sheer # of times i had to clean up after the careless/indiscriminate mistakes of the companies releasing prints.

I don't just sit there and move a few sliders and hope for the best anymore, ive been doing this a while and i know better. When IVL

Celestial started releasing Shaws, even on DVD-9 the quality seemed fine, but on the other hand thanks to the French who gave

a # of those titles a proper release we know the difference. This is likely to be on a DVD-9 after final completion.

Wide

2a.png

Full

2b.png

Wide

3a.png

Full

3b.png

Wide

1a.png

Full

1b.png

Guest Markgway

Would be nice if someone could post the scenes/footage missing from the English Dubs on Youtube.

Don't think I'd want to sit thru the film again but I'm always curious to see cut shit.

Daigoro - I can send you a copy of the Video Asia disc if you want. Your remastered project sounds like the definitive version.

I'll try to remain sensitive to the fact that other people want to see it, i won't keep it to myself. Not sure just yet how i will go about

getting people copies yet, but i will think about it over the weekend. I was looking at the color map of the print and other variables,

I was able to restore the color matrix as it was originally intended. See screenshot below. I know that people would have been

satisfied with BRUCE LEE, THE MAN THE MYTH from fullscreen to widescreen, alone, but i know sometimes, there is a lot more

there than the eye is seeing. You just have to know where to look.

The NEW PRINT should look something like this.

3.png

Cheers to everyone,

Daigoro

I hope you will crop out the letterbox and make it an anamorphic transfer. It makes it a lot easier to watch for people with widescreen sets. Often you can zoom in, but if you've got the DVD player hooked up with HDMI, you actually can't. I'll be happy to get technical with this if anyone wants to.

I most definitely would like a copy of your finished project, Daigoro. I really want to see this in widescreen and see all the stuff cut from the US and UK prints.

sifu iron perm

i wish they had more scenes with the Karate man Mr Muriyaki and his top student.."really really"

i wish they had more scenes with the Karate man Mr Muriyaki and his top student.."really really"

I wish they had more scenes of Bruce's college years. I want to see him do more coin tricks while all his friends get high.

sifu iron perm
I wish they had more scenes of Bruce's college years. I want to see him do more coin tricks while all his friends get high.

Brilliant..

i love those scenes from the seattle days!

i have a special connection with man/myth ..goes back to my childhood days!

the soundtrack throughout this film is another reason to love this filck!

Thank you for undertaking this project Daigoro, the first color corrected screen cap looks amazing!

Would love to see the final version as well if possible.

WOW! Good luck with this project..Would love to see the finished result! Thank you for your hard work.

If you decide to , Maybe you could do something akin to Carl's GOD edit to distribute?

bruceleeclones

How will you be subtitling the movie? translation from mandarin or using the English dubbed script? I've been meaning to do something similar with this movie for a while now. Been trying to track down the cantonese subtitled version but no luck so far.

Son Of A Gun

Nice one Daigoro. I want a copy too, please. I was actually going to do the same colour correcting and subtitling to this print too, but seeing as how you're doing it, I wont have to now. :wink:

"Listen, Bruce Lee isn't here today because he is afraid. He's afraid of your instructor.

I now declare Murayaki...the winner!"

"If I was Bruce Lee, I wouldn't have showed up either"

"Karate always defeats kung-fu"

- "Hey, you mean that?!"

- "Did it look like I did?"

:xd:

Archived