TEXAS MAINSAW CHASSACRE - NEW MOVIE Opens TODAY

Guest Sleepman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

I haven't really been impressed with the horror films of the last decade, so I don't see this one being an exception. I did find the Final Destination flicks entertaining, though.

As for the TCM films, the original is definitely the best. Then of course, 2 and 3. After that, they sucked.

KFS

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Watched it today with my little brother (relax, he's 21, not 12) If you liked the last one you'll like this one as well. Grimey, gory and brutal. I liked it a little more than the last one. They tried to add a little bit of character back story to this one. Sorta explaining the origin/background of Leatherface (aka Tommy, cute huh!). Jordana Brewster is extremely beautiful and a pleasure to look at (until she's covered in blood & endtrails anyway). I thought it stayed true to the TCM style and I got what I expected from it. My only complaint is that since it is a pre-quel, you know that the bad guys (Leatherface and family) never get what they deserve (die) and the cute young stars end up as dinner, furniture or masks. So its all predictable. But it is what it is, and you get what you paid for.

Archived