November Shaws ?

bobo

yes---->i,m here. so has anyone got any info on the nov dragondynasty shaws yet ? its like only 6 or 7 weeks away now. i see LINN is here -so any word? anyway i,m also glad that duel for gold english dub finally made it to north america- even if it is pan media. i don,t believe that DD was planning on doing this one. it would also be great if the english dub of have sword will travel shows up as well. this doesn,t seem like a bad forum location. i,d like to know where flashlegs keeps finding these lost dub shaws-that are not supposed to exist anymore. maybe he,ll find the lost dub of LADY HERMIT as well.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

As far as i know, no. It seems like DD is focusing more on their modern day actioners/gunplay than on any kung fu films(even some of jackie chan's old kung fu movies have been on the back burner). bobo is right though, we're less than a month away and no announcements yet. You would think with the holiday season coming up that it would be prime time to hype up the upcoming releases. Unless of course this is a sign that they are not doing so well on their current releases. hmmm speculation!

Bobo you have like 5 different topics going on in that post. Glad to see you here at the new forum:D

These forums would not be the same without his plea for dubs and spelling of titles(read:tittles). :)

Guest Morgoth

LOL, yeah, he didn't use tittles in that last post, but I have seen him do that. MAybe he just always has tits on his mind. That's understandable. Personally I like how he replaces apostrophes with commas. I think that could catch on.

Flashlegs had those dubs for a while actually. As for DD releases, they are moving into a more even release plan next year, but are wanting to close out the year with some newer films. Next year, it will be more old-new releases. BTW, the boxset as I knew it was simply a repackage of the previous releases in a boxset with perhaps an extra film. This doesn't mean they've given up on getting older films though. I actually talked to Bey about a title or two recently I'm trying to convence them of getting. And be on the look out for announcements of new US Shaw Brothers titles from other companies in the next few weeks.

Guest cobra kai

I hope Shaolin Mantis is one of the 4 releases. I'm not the biggest David Chiang fan but this film is in my top 10 SB titles.

Guest TomNYC2

Even if DD decides to push any new Shaws until next year, it would be great to get an idea of what titles might be on the horizon.

I keep facing the dilemma of whether to invest in the IVL releases for certain titles. I'd much rather get the DDs for a host of reasons, but I also don't want to wait forever either.

Guest jmungus

These forums would not be the same without his plea for dubs and spelling of titles(read:tittles). :)

props, olde. 2nd time this week u make me pull a dave chiang (=>aka put a smirk on my face) :D

Guest oldeschool17
props, olde. 2nd time this week u make me pull a dave chiang (=>aka put a smirk on my face) :D

Oi. what was the first?:P

Looking forward to hearing more movie news from our forum sifu, Linn

I keep facing the dilemma of whether to invest in the IVL releases for certain titles. I'd much rather get the DDs for a host of reasons, but I also don't want to wait forever either.
This was bothering me as well, but screw it. If DD does eventually decide to go on a Shaw release frenzy -- which I'm beginning to doubt -- they'll eventually be available on the cheap. Why miss out on the off chance that DD will eventually get their act together?

Does anyone know how the first batch fared?

This was bothering me as well, but screw it. If DD does eventually decide to go on a Shaw release frenzy -- which I'm beginning to doubt -- they'll eventually be available on the cheap. Why miss out on the off chance that DD will eventually get their act together?

what do you mean? I mean, it's not like anyone's going to just release nothing but SB films for an extended period like say IVL in HK Actually, DD released more in a single release window then any other company in the US. Honestly, I was surprised they did that, as it's strange for any company "to put all their eggs in one basket" so to speak. It would be much more common for the one or two a month that Image was doing. Speaking to Bey a couple of weeks ago, he was "readying another batch of Shaw Brothers films as we spoke." So the wait won't be that long. I would do this (and this actually is what I do), get everything you're interested in that's not mainstream kung fu from IVL, unless you MUST have it. And if you have to double-dip, sell it on here or on ebay. In most cases, you can pay for whatever new version is coming out.

I mean that, until there's some official word, I'm not going to let what DD may or may not do affect my buying habits all that much. It's nice to hear that they're planning all these things, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're going to follow through. For example, weren't Hapkido, Snake and Crane Art of Shaolin and Tai Chi Master all supposed to be out by now?

yes i also noticed that HAPKIDO and the others have yet to show up. i believe on amazon that the release dates are now listed as unknown. i think that it would be a better idea for DD to release the shaws as one or two a month instead of groups of four. so LINN these other north american companies that you mentioned can you give any details of TITTLES and such. i also don,t know what the big deal is for DD not to release the shaw tittles and release dates far in advance--afterall celestial puts their release dates nearly a year in advance.

so LINN these other north american companies that you mentioned can you give any details of TITTLES and such. i also don,t know what the big deal is for DD not to release the shaw tittles and release dates far in advance--afterall celestial puts their release dates nearly a year in advance.

If I could give titles, I would. At the moment, I'm not allowed to give them out. As for release dates, very few companies give out release dates more than a couple of months in advance. That cuts down on fans disappointment if something comes up, but mainly it keeps them viable with retailers if there's a problem with a film that's been ordered months in advance.

Guest tarim69

"I mean that, until there's some official word, I'm not going to let what DD may or may not do affect my buying habits all that much."

You shouldnt. Especially as with so many titles in the Shaw catalogue and you have no idea what titles DD or Image are going to announce as "future" releases.

Delays, cancelled plans, anything can happen and years can go by.

Get what you want, you can always trade or sell it later. And most likely, itll be years later.

I had a chance to pick up Golden Swallow and decided not to becuase of a upcoming R1 release and regret it. Id give anything to watch it right now.

Archived