New US Cartoons Starting FRIDAY

Michael L.

Are these shows on Kids WB or FOX? I know I've been way behind on the cartoon scene. I don't have cable, so a lot of stuff I don't have access to...but I cuppose I can always stram them online.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are on The Hub (GI Joe and Transformers)... they might be online too. The Hub used to be Discovery Kids.

ShaOW!linDude

I think Karlos dl's them so he can watch them as he's in the UK. But at that I think he has to wait a day or so before they show up on the 'net. Of course, I may be speaking out of turn here.

Discovery has a strong relation with the BBC, but you could be right.

I can't believe how ugly GI Joe is... it is good but the bad animation is a distraction. Also, Major Bludd stole my haircut.

ShaOW!linDude
Also, Major Bludd stole my haircut.

You should steal his eye patch and mustache look! That'll teach that evil Cobra mercenary/minion!

I need to get on the Joe 'toon, I really do.

Can any of you cats tell me, is Snake Eyes' origin anything like the Marvel comics (i.e. his "real" origin), or is it all new story?

ShaOW!linDude

You know, I don't think I ever knew the specifics of Snake-Eyes' origin other than he didn't talk because his throat or face was jacked up.

I'd like to pit Snake-Eyes against Deadpool!:tongue:

They're both trained in ninjitsu and automatic weapons but where Snake-Eyes is the silent soldier, Deadpool is the merc with the mouth. Not sure who I'd pull for in that.

You should steal his eye patch and mustache look! That'll teach that evil Cobra mercenary/minion!

I actually had a eye get knocked out about 20 years ago, but it went back in. Otherwise I would totally rock the eyepatch.

Karlos: What is Snake Eyes "real" origin? And as opposed to what alternative? The movie? Let's pretend that never happened...

I figure GI Joe's histories are pretty much up to Hasbro over anyone else (it isn't as if GI Joe is sourced from elsewhere; it was a toy first). They are only half way through the story (to be continued this Friday), but he was an Anglo street kid in the town closest to the ninja secret base (why that is... who knows) who got involved in a fight between the heirs to the ninja leadership and some enemies which led to him be adopted into the clan.

Karlos: What is Snake Eyes "real" origin? And as opposed to what alternative? The movie? Let's pretend that never happened...

The original Marvel comic run showed Snake Eyes as being in a squad during Vietnam along with a few guys who'd go onto be Joes and Storm Shadow.

Snake lost most of his face and his vocal chords in a chopper explosion and he went off to recouperate with Storm Shadow, learning the ways of the ninja.

(This was re-interated in the excellent (and hard to find) mini, SNAKE EYES: DECLASSIFIED.)

As far as I know, this was taken as canon, but I guess if Hasbro want to change it, they are certainly within their rights.

I'm guessing the changes are because it's far too bleak for a 'toon?

Yeah, it's different because Vietnam was like 40 years ago... This new Gi Joe is a complete revamp. They are on the run... Flint is actually the solider heading up the operation to find the GI Joe team and Breaker isn't even in the military; he's a hacker.

Argh, another reboot!! :tongue:

BTW, If you want to read the "real" (to me, anyways!) origin of Snake Eyes, pick up either the Snake Eyes: Classified tpb or Classic GI Joe vol. 3 - great reads.

Karlos, are you English? Or Japanese? When I hear (okay, read) the word "canon" in reference to toys, I immediately think I must being dealing with someone either English or Japanese...

Other than that, yeah, another reboot for GI Joe. They are toys and they have to stay current for each generation of kids. I mean, kids today wouldn't even know what to do with the original GI Joes!

Yes, bro, I'm a Brit!

You're right; GI Joe, like any evergreen franchise, needs reworking for each successive generation to enjoy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner, weeping into my old Joe comics... :tongue:

ShaOW!linDude

2nd part of Snake-Eyes' origin on GI JOE: RENEGADES was pretty good. This show is growing on me. Both eps of another 2 parter air back to back Dec. 24th.

Watched the latest Avengers ep "The Widow's Sting" which aired this morning. This show is fantastic and today's ep was a babe-fest. The action in this is so much better than I thought it would be. I'm loving it. Don't know if anyone other than Karlos and I are following this. If you're not......you're missing out.

I'm not really a Marvel guy... Right now the cartoons I am watching on TV are:

GI Joe Renegades

Transformers Prime (yeah, I'll watch it once it starts again)

Young Justice

Batman Brave and Bold

The Venture Brothers

DBZ Kai

InuYasha (My 9 year old daughter has discovered that Percy Jackson isn't the only modern story built around old myths, so I am re-watching with her)

Phineas and Ferb

ShaOW!linDude
I'm not really a Marvel guy...

I'd encourage you to check out a few episodes. The animation and the action are solid and very, very good. Is it a matter of character preference?

I, too, watch THE BRAVE & THE BOLD. The animation sometimes bothers me. (Especially the magenta trim on Bat-everything!) I wish they'd stuck to DC's style of the other animated series. But it does in a pinch. The stories are usually pretty good.

Phineas & Ferb? Yeah, man! That show's pretty funny sometimes. Another great theme song!

Check out FAN-BOY & CHUM-CHUM. I don't know if they're producing them anymore but there are reruns all the time. That show cracks me up, too.

Nice. My seven year old was complaining just last night how much she misses Teen Titans. Maybe this will help placate her!

Guest Yi-Long

Downloaded both Young Justice and the first episode of the new GI Joe series. Videoquality on both isn't that great, sadly, but what I've seen of both shows so far, looks decent.

ShaOW!linDude

On another site it was mentioned that the 1st 2 YOUNG JUSTICE eps will probably be repeats of the hour long ep shown at Thanksgiving. That means a true new ep wouldn't air until Jan. 21st.

I don't know if that will hold true or not. If so, they'll probably have a new intro and show previews for upcoming eps. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also understand that BATMAN: THE BRAVE & THE BOLD is done after 3 seasons.

Guest Yi-Long
On another site it was mentioned that the 1st 2 YOUNG JUSTICE eps will probably be repeats of the hour long ep shown at Thanksgiving. That means a true new ep wouldn't air until Jan. 21st.

I don't know if that will hold true or not. If so, they'll probably have a new intro and show previews for upcoming eps. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also understand that BATMAN: THE BRAVE & THE BOLD is done after 3 seasons.

I never cared that much about Batman: the Brave and Bold. I can understand what they were doing and on some levels they did a good job with that, but TBH, I just want the Batman from The Animated Series. That's it. Just nice short (mostly) stand-alone stories about Batman, occasionally with Robin or some of his other allies, and against his foes.

That show got Batman just right.

ShaOW!linDude
I just want the Batman from The Animated Series. That's it. Just nice short (mostly) stand-alone stories about Batman, occasionally with Robin or some of his other allies, and against his foes.

That show got Batman just right.

It definitely set the standard and I don't think anyone will argue that it is the series by which all others are judged. B: TB&TB was never really a favorite but it did in a pinch and it had other great characters in it. It doesn't break my heart if it's over like it did when B:TAS was ended.

Archived