Thunderkick movies with Gary Wasniewski

AlbertV

Hey guys

As many of you know, I've been a sucker for these recent independent martial arts films that are practically shot on video like Ron Pohnel's DRIFTER TKD and D.A. Jackson's PRODIGAL.

British-born Taekwondo champion Gary Wasniewski starred in a 2007 indie MA film entitled THUNDERKICK. Gary plays Detective Sean Kane, who teams up with his teacher Master Wong, played by the ever popular Leo Fong, to stop a cult who is illegally trafficking human organs. The film was directed by Ron Pohnel.

MV5BMTUxMTk1MTI5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc4

THUNDERKICK trailer

Gary would reprise the role in a 2009 sequel called THE KILL FACTOR (THUNDERKICK 2). This time, Sean must track down a serial killer, played by UFC legend Dan Severn, who has targeted and killed nine women.

MV5BMTM0NTUwNjgwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE3

THE KILL FACTOR trailer

I just went on the Thunderkick Movie Official Website and they are filming THUNDERKICK 3: EXTREME COUNTER STRIKE in Los Angeles and London.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

I never could understand why people are willing to release shit like this.

This is just awful and looks ridiculous. It reminds me of those clueless people on talent-shows who deservedly get booed off.

It's one thing to have a dream, but it's another thing to look at what you're doing objectively, and in no known universe would anyone come to the conclusion that this is any good.

I'm sure the people responsible for this aren't actually blind, so they too should notice that the action-scenes are done with the speed and intensity of an incontinent pensioner, the cinematography is piss-poor at best, and the less said about the acting, the better.

Amateur-movies, OK.... but releasing stuff like this.... there just isn't any excuse.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow. That's pretty bad.

How old is that guy? He fights like he's afraid of getting his jacket and slacks dirty. I know he's British and this isn't a slam to my UK brethren but his threats come across like a stern invitation to tea. I like the tag line at the end of the 2nd preview: "You need the best to bring down the worst". So...........maybe in the 3rd one he'll be brought down. Oh, wait, he's not talking about himself being the worst, is he?

You know, I watched "Prodigal". It really wasn't too bad. Some of the choreography was a little off but a lot of it was spot on. It was a nice showcase. The thing I didn't care for was the "this has been done in a popular movie so I'll show I can do that, too" bits. Look, you're making your own film. You're trying to be original to some degree. Stick to that. Almost wish I hadn't traded that one off. Oh well.

:bigsmile: I disagree. I bought both movies. Great action, acting and Gary is just great!

amazing kicks! done without over hipe and over acting! There you go!

Guest Yi-Long
:bigsmile: I disagree. I bought both movies. Great action, acting and Gary is just great!

amazing kicks! done without over hipe and over acting! There you go!

Welcome to KFC, mrs Wasniewski.

Morgoth Bauglir

Dan Severn as a serial killer? He seems perfect for this role in a cheesy movie. I'm gonna have to seek this out for a Mystery Science 3K type riff night with some friends.

One Armed Boxer
As many of you know, I've been a sucker for these recent independent martial arts films that are practically shot on video

Based on those clips....I`d say sucker is defintely the right word, those movies, & I use the word `movie` loosely, look beyond awful. One look at the covers says as much.

ShaOW!linDude
Welcome to KFC, mrs Wasniewski.

:tongue:Dude, that's funny (you made me spit coffee) but let's play nice.

:wink:There's nothing better than saying something good, to get you negative guys going!

Here some news for you! Yours aint the only opinion! I think they said the same shit about Bruce Lee and Enter the Dragon! Adios Mrs Wasniewski!?!:bigsmile:

Those two 'movies' looked absolutely dreadful. His one liners were AWFUL and said with absolutely no self deprication whatsoever. I would hate to think of them all taking themselves really seriously when filming this. Did you see those hostages/organ donors whatever they were runing away? Haha, hilarious. Where did they find them?

Thought his kicks were quite nice, would appreciate his technique if I was training with him at a Taekwondo school but in a film context, the Z grade camerwork/editing did him no favours.

Sorry to say Albert but really?

I think they look great.

But I'm a fan of really bad movies.

So am I...thats why I posted this in the first place :D hehehehe these are clearly one of those "so bad its good" type deals I think.

One Armed Boxer

“Let me ask you one more question, if you choke some one like this, which direction does the victims neck go?”

I have to admit, the way this line was delivered possibly make's it a classic.

:bigsmile: Hi guys, i have been doing some research about Gary W. He is called the worlds greatest kicker and is a world full contact champion. and get this he has been on more martial arts mags covers than Bruce Lee! This guy is the real deal on and off screen!

Wow! now i'am even bigger fan1:bigsmile:

Reel Power Stunts

Gary, please stop trying to big yourself up. A martial artist needs to have humility. The fact that you joined this forum only to contribute to this thread suggests you like Googling yourself.

Who calls you the world's greatest kicker? Your kicks are pretty good, but you are no Hwang Jang Li, Whang In-Sik, Casanova Wong or Tan Tao-liang. In fact, without any trouble I can think of several British guys with better kicks - Mike Lambert, Buster Reeves and Scott Adkins for starters.

As for how many martial arts mags you've been on the cover of, I wonder who counted them? To this day, Bruce appears on the covers of mags in France, Spain and Hong Kong. And Gary, the fact that you mention martial arts magazine is the point: you are a martial artist, not a movie star. How many film magazines have you appeared on the cover of?

I've seen the trailers for these films and I agree, they look pretty bad. Having said that, he's had a leading role in at least 2 films, which a lot of Martial Artists just dream of, and he's done pretty well getting his first role in his mid-fifties!! I'll be interested to see what he does next. According to his website, he's got 2 films lined up.

Gary, please stop trying to big yourself up. A martial artist needs to have humility. The fact that you joined this forum only to contribute to this thread suggests you like Googling yourself.

Who calls you the world's greatest kicker? Your kicks are pretty good, but you are no Hwang Jang Li, Whang In-Sik, Casanova Wong or Tan Tao-liang. In fact, without any trouble I can think of several British guys with better kicks - Mike Lambert, Buster Reeves and Scott Adkins for starters.

As for how many martial arts mags you've been on the cover of, I wonder who counted them? To this day, Bruce appears on the covers of mags in France, Spain and Hong Kong. And Gary, the fact that you mention martial arts magazine is the point: you are a martial artist, not a movie star. How many film magazines have you appeared on the cover of?

Gary is gonna be more famous than Tan Tao Liang. He's destined to be a big star. I can see him on Entertainment Weekly and People Magazine.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Oh man, thanks for the good laugh!:tongue:

You can't fake stuff like that, this is the real deal. You know when you see fake trailers or movies that TRIES too look cheesy and bad, well this is it. They don't try they are! I mean for god's sake look at the poster for part 2! Look at him on his chair kicking the bad guy! Look at his face! Look at the acting in the trailer! There's no pretending there, they are genuinely that bad! The whole thing oozes with cheese. Cheap plastic wrapped processed cheese...

Drunken-Monkey
I never could understand why people are willing to release shit like this.

This is just awful and looks ridiculous. It reminds me of those clueless people on talent-shows who deservedly get booed off.

It's one thing to have a dream, but it's another thing to look at what you're doing objectively, and in no known universe would anyone come to the conclusion that this is any good.

I'm sure the people responsible for this aren't actually blind, so they too should notice that the action-scenes are done with the speed and intensity of an incontinent pensioner, the cinematography is piss-poor at best, and the less said about the acting, the better.

Amateur-movies, OK.... but releasing stuff like this.... there just isn't any excuse.

The reason is simple...

...MONEY!

Gary Wasniewski SELLS these cheaply made films directly through his Karate schools at £30 ($50) a DVD.

Most students feel obligated to their "GrandMaster" and purchase them.

It is OK wanting to be the star of your own Martial Arts movie but student exploitation is unforgivable.

Obviously, if these DVDs were JUST available in stores he would not see much profit! :wink:

The reason is simple...

...MONEY!

Gary Wasniewski SELLS these cheaply made films directly through his Karate schools at £30 ($50) a DVD.

Most students feel obligated to their "GrandMaster" and purchase them.

It is OK wanting to be the star of your own Martial Arts movie but student exploitation is unforgivable.

Obviously, if these DVDs were JUST available in stores he would not see much profit! :wink:

That's pretty bad...considering he directed the 1st film, I wonder how Ron Pohnel feels about that. At least you can order Pohnel's indie flick Drifter TKD directly from the movie's website for $19.95.

Drunken-Monkey
:bigsmile: Hi guys, i have been doing some research about Gary W. He is called the worlds greatest kicker and is a world full contact champion. and get this he has been on more martial arts mags covers than Bruce Lee! This guy is the real deal on and off screen!

Wow! now i'am even bigger fan1:bigsmile:

I too have been "doing some research" on this Gary Wasniewski character:

1. He claims the ultimate rank of 10th Dan Grandmaster "Soke" in his own made up style called Ty-Ga Karate, despite not being accredited as such by any legitimate Martial Arts organisations.

2. The only one who calls him "The World's Greatest Kicker" is himself.

3. He won some SEMI-Contact titles in Europe but nothing Full-Contact, World or otherwise.

4. He runs tournaments whereby his students compete against each other and yet the winner is called a (Ty-Ga) World Champion.

5. As for the actual combat effectiveness of the training itself AND Gary's teaching ability the one time the former Ty-Ga National Champion and Kumite coach, Tony Leslie 6th Dan competed against a legitimate Karate style in the '10k Clash' tournament he was beaten 8-0!

Archived