The Audition

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Director Takashi Miike fashions an explosive drama in Audition. Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi) has lived as a widower for too long and decides it's time to marry again. But how will he find a wife? When a friend suggests he hold a fake audition to pick the right woman, he takes him up on it -- only to realize that his choice may be a better actress than he bargained for.

My Review: OK I got to watch this movie last night, it started a little slow but you knew it had a Twilight Zone kinda feel to it, it just keeps you getting closer into the female characters mind and what she is all about, I don't want to give away to much of this movie but the ending is Sick and you are going to be totally surprised, in a sick Takashi Miike style that makes him one of a kind as a Director.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Soda drink

One of the better films from Takashi Miike as there was real characters in this one but I am just not into the gore (especially when it is extremely realistic). He often crosses my line when it comes to gore. I do recommend this film to others as well but I still believe he is a director of more style than substance.

Guest Ministry88

AUDITION is ok (not a big Miike fan at all, I actually think he tries WAY too hard to shock and the result is a big bore and tease), but you should seek out a rare German film called DER FAN, which is thematically somewhat similar but WAY better and even more off the wall imo. It even has a great pseudo-kraftwerk soundtrack and veteran krimi star Joachim Fuchsberger! And it's got a shock ending that you are guarunteed to NEVER forget!

Archived