Female lead in kung fu movie

healesc

Hi,

I'm trying to find a kung fu movie from the early 70s. I cannot remember the name. I can just remember that the lead was a young girl.. Basic plot: Girl and two guys from the kung fu school, leave to setup their own school & also provide medical practice for local people. They, of course, get constant hassle from the Japaneese school nearby. They have a note from their former teacher to be read when they run out of patience and the note says, have more patience. At one stage two guys from the Japaneese school come to the new school for help and one says his hair hurts, so the guy from the kung fu school grabs a load of his hair and pulls it out and says, there, does it hurt anymore?. Towards the end of the movie. the girl has to fight the expert from the Japaneese school and at one stage during the fight, uses her long hair beads to swish in his face. Her master from her formew school has also joind in the final fights.

I know its not much to go on, but if anyone can suggest a title, I would be very grateful

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Sounds like it could be "Hapkido" also known as "Lady Kung Fu".

Stars: Angela Mao, Sammo Hung, and Carter Wong. (They may fit the 'student' roles you speak of.)

Someone else may know better. I've never seen this movie and have always wanted to. Keeping my fingers crossed for Xmas.

Morgoth Bauglir
Sounds like it could be "Hapkido" also known as "Lady Kung Fu".

Stars: Angela Mao, Sammo Hung, and Carter Wong. (They may fit the 'student' roles you speak of.)

Someone else may know better. I've never seen this movie and have always wanted to. Keeping my fingers crossed for Xmas.

I haven't seen Hapkido in awhile, and you've never seen it, but I think you may be right. It's a top notch movie. I'm gonna rewatch it tomorrow.

Guest WuxiaFan

Yes, that is definitely HAPKIDO (aka Lady Kung Fu). I would consider this to be Angela Mao's best movie. She is absolutely supurb and her fighting on screen is incredible. Not only that, but this film showcases her classic angry glare.

The best version of HAPKIDO is the OOP UK HKL version. However, it is still available as a PAL R4 Australian version released by Magna Pacific under the HKL lable at chaos.com:

http://chaos.com/product/hapkido/1668631-676772.html

:bigsmile:

Archived