A Scanner Darkly (2006)

Guest jirpy100

Guest jirpy100

I watched this today and was pleasantly surprised. Very good job on this one starring Keanu, Woody and Robert Downy. It is a drug movie such as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but a bit more serious, more intelligent if I may say so, and slightly futuristic.

Basically Keanu plays this wasted undercover cop who lives with his friends as they use drugs and talk a lot of nonsense (mostly out of paranoia). Keanu plays a double-role and does quite well. It is a drama filled with interesting characters and a quirky sense of reality. The scramble suit is a nice touch, it basically morphs you into different people on a constant basis. You'll have to see it to appreciate it.

Just as with Linklater's Waking Life, the film was rotoscoped after filming. I thought it was a great film that will become a cult favorite and it has pleased many Philip K. Dick readers.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest limubai2000

I was not that impressed with this one, actually I found the rotoscoping to be distracting. I think the story is good but that was about it.

Archived