Trying to contact CARL SCOTT

trekker20

I am trying to contact CARL SCOTT from A HARD WAY TO DIE. Anyone know how I can get in touch with him? I am working on a martial arts documentary and want to interview him. Any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trekker20

• Kitiara

• teako170

• WalkOn

Unfortunately, no. The "Lo Mang in Philly" event promoter tried to reach out to him, I believe, but no dice. Supposedly he lives out in CA. Maybe running a camera shop? Maybe running a school? Linn was trying to interview him some years back but he shies away from such. From some pix Linn saw, Carl had gained a lot of weight (though this was a decade ago so maybe things have changed). Good luck and let us know if you find anything out.

Trekker20, I reached out to Carl Scott for Linn (RIP) a few years ago, but never received a return call. I may still have a contact number (martial arts school) around. I'll have to research a little.

I met one of Carl Scott's martial arts instructors and living legend, Steve Muhammad (formerly Steve Sanders) some years ago on the set of Money Train. Steve Muhammad had a cameo in Enter the Dragon as Jim Kelly's classmate/instructor and they give each other a pound before Jim Kelly gets attacked by the police officers. Steve Muhammad is one of Wesley Snipes' bodyguards and Carl Scott's teacher since Carl was 5 years old.

Carl Scott is an instructor of the Five Level Method (BKF) martial arts in California. He and instructor Robert Temple have taught together at various martial arts clinics/expo's in the west coast. If the school is still open you may be able to reach him or Robert Temple.

From what I hear, Carl Scott is very private and not interested in discussing his martial arts film career.

Question: Is this regarding the same documentary that will feature Ron Van Clief? Feel free to email me for additional information at walkon_77@yahoo.com .

So did you ever find Carl Scott? I had the pleasure of watching him fight, scorekept in his ring, and visited his home in LA once. The year that he was Grand Champion at Ed Parker's International Karate Championships he was one of the most breathtaking fighters that I have ever seen. I would love to hear how he is doing.

Yes, I did get a contact for Master Scott. We've spoken by email, but I'm not sure if he'll do it yet. Will post a new update on that and my project in a few weeks. Thanks for asking.