Chin Lung in "Invincible Kung Fu Legs"

kungfuandcoffee

kungfuandcoffee

Oh wow. Just wow. This is so awful. I normally don't mind dubbing. The Australian accent is terrible, but it can't all be on the dubbing. I think it's the same guy who dubbed Li Yi Min in "Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist" But Oy! Chin Lung! Terrible, terrible comic relief that steps all over the action and everything. This guy is in every scene!! And here comes the other guy with the mole and the bell around his neck!! Oh gosh. I think I need to go back to the classics. I'm lost in the ocean of independent Kung-fu film hell.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reel Power Stunts

Well if you don't like Chin Lung in "Leg Fighters", then avoid "Monkey in the Master's Eyes" (aka "Bone Crushing Kid") - he's the star! His acro skills are excellent.

Morgoth Bauglir

I thought Chin Lung was great in this, but I don’t think most would agree with me. Right from his first appearance in the opening credits he had me cracking up. And I love all the voice dubs in this movie. Every voice seemed to fit the actor perfectly. “You may be the best man in the north, but not here you aint. Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!”

I agree there is some bad comedy in this. The Ding and Dong Brothers I think they are called? They were horrible characters.

Give Chin Lung another chance and check out Northern Kicks, Southern Fists aka Secret Rivals 3. Or if you aren’t big on kung fu comedies then stay the hell away from that movie.

k0ifv80xFk4&feature=related

Well if you don't like Chin Lung in "Leg Fighters", then avoid "Monkey in the Master's Eyes" (aka "Bone Crushing Kid") - he's the star! His acro skills are excellent.

Love this movie! Him and Wong Chi Sang are in top form in this one.

I think Morgoth is up to no good we should follow him. :tongue:

Looks good to me i will have to look into this, not sure i have watched this.:squigglemouth:

kungfuandcoffee

As a follow-up, I watched "Five Fighters From Shaolin" and liked it! So I do like comedies! But, man, Chin Lung . . . I'm sure at some point I'll come across another of his movies, and then we'll see if I like it better!

As a follow-up, I watched "Five Fighters From Shaolin" and liked it! So I do like comedies! But, man, Chin Lung . . . I'm sure at some point I'll come across another of his movies, and then we'll see if I like it better!

If you do not like Incredible Kung-Fu Mission I doubt do you like kung-fu movies at all:bigsmile:

Morgoth Bauglir

Internet fist bump to you! Once again I think most would disagree, but I thought this movie was hilarious! Especially the scenes with the big guy Ching Kuo Chung. Great great movie, and awesome fights. The final fight felt like a super hero movie. Well, maybe no super heroes, but definitely a super villain.

Hes good in 37 Plots of Kung Fu

Personally, I loved the dubbed version of this movie...DING DONG reminds me of the Abominable Snowman (or other such big dopey character) from the old Warner Brothers cartoons "...I will love him and hold him a name him George..." or whatever he says.

I hate to say this but my tastes my align most with Morgoth. :wink::bigsmile:

As good as bad dubbing gets

GHjvn_rOqEM

Archived