Original Big Boss Soundtrack on cd..

kurtz

is being released in January..Looks like the original version that was on itunes PLUS a few more tracks...?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Lee-Big-Peter-Orchester-Thomas/dp/B0045WKFV8/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1290106073&sr=1-4

*edit* Looks like available on 26 Nov from Amazon Germany... releasing company is German...plus this version also being released on itunes..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeru the Damaja

Anybody know where to find a good quality version of the song during the prostitute scene? I can not find it anywhere.

Anybody know where to find a good quality version of the song during the prostitute scene? I can not find it anywhere.

I think it's on the Japanese soundtrack LP and CD but with the dialogue.

Son Of A Gun

Then that classes as pointless then. 'lol He wants the tune by istelf.

And I didn't realise this tune was missing from the album, untill now! I forgot about this track.

There are 2 other tunes missing from the album that I've noticed.

tangshandaxiong

Yeah actually there are some different theme`s for that scene. The ones I know are the track present on the LP (saxophone), the one which was also used in "The Legend" doc for the funeral sequence and on the original mandarin dub there`s a third score which isn`t on any LP release.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjyx6lvmj2pnqaq

Son Of A Gun

^ Why a 4th tune? You've listed the 3 that were used on the film (that I know of).

USA dub (Peter Thomas tune)

Cantonese dub (Sad Piano tune)

Mandarin dub

What 4th one? What version of the film did you hear it?

tangshandaxiong

On the segment you can hear that the score switched from the sad piano tune to the score by Wang Fu-Ling (or GH stock music - I don`t know exactly) which would be the third one. Which 2 tracks did you notice are missing on the LP?

Son Of A Gun

I didn't notice your download link there before. Just downloaded and listened...

the clip you uploaded is from the dodgy 5.1 mandarin mix that's made up especially for the dvd release and combines the mandarin score mixed with a few tracks from the cantonese score.

But the music during the brothel scene in your clip is just the mandarin score.

So yeah.. there are just 3 different tracks for that scene. Cantonese score, USA score, Mandarin Score.

And the tracks that are missing from the Peter Thomas Album are....

The cue when Bruce kills The boss's son at the factory. It kicks in just as he slams him in the stomache.

The same cue appears when Bruce leave's Miss Wo Ma's room and slams the door. Then she's stabbed.

And the other track missing is the very chinesey sounding tune that plays when the workers are sitting around at the factory waiting for Bruce to bring them some news. Then he turns up and tells them that he forgot to go to the Boss's house an hand dinner with the manager instead.

These are all the Peter Thomas tracks that seem to be missing:

1. Nora prepping the drinks/Hsiu meets Cheng

2. Hsiao Chiun harasses Chiao Mei

3. Low frequency "music" that plays when we meet "The Boss"

4. "Bedroom theme"

5. Cheng arrives late ("Chinesey" music cue)

6. Cheng visits The Boss/meets the dogs

7. Death theme (when Malalene and Hsiao Chiun are killed)

8. Cheng charges to the mansion

We're also still missing a complete version of Mukuri (current version cuts out the ending). Wonder how many more times they'll have to re-release the Peter Thomas soundtrack before we have them all :squigglemouth:

Holy crap, you're right! Can't believe I forgot about those other tracks!

Yeah, that's what happens when you're obsessed with the movie... sad thing is, I "scanned" through the movie in my head :tongue:

Son Of A Gun

I'm obsessed too. That's why I can't believe I forgot about them. :xd:

When you're scanning through the movie in your head are you able to pause scenes and step

through frame by frame aswell?

If so, you're lucky, because I can't. :sad:

I'm obsessed too. That's why I can't believe I forgot about them. :xd:

When you're scanning through the movie in your head are you able to pause scenes and step

through frame by frame aswell?

If so, you're lucky, because I can't. :sad:

Of course! Reverse playback as well :wink:

Jeru the Damaja
These are all the Peter Thomas tracks that seem to be missing:

1. Nora prepping the drinks/Hsiu meets Cheng

2. Hsiao Chiun harasses Chiao Mei

3. Low frequency "music" that plays when we meet "The Boss"

4. "Bedroom theme"

5. Cheng arrives late ("Chinesey" music cue)

6. Cheng visits The Boss/meets the dogs

7. Death theme (when Malalene and Hsiao Chiun are killed)

8. Cheng charges to the mansion

We're also still missing a complete version of Mukuri (current version cuts out the ending). Wonder how many more times they'll have to re-release the Peter Thomas soundtrack before we have them all :squigglemouth:

Wow, I forgot about some of these. You are the man oldpangyau. I don't understand why they would release the soundtrack without these tracks. It seems like when it comes to anything Big Boss related we are always left speculating.

Son Of A Gun

My theory is that these tracks are missing because the makers of the cd didn't go to any special effort to find out what tracks should be on the album and didn't know or care what the names of the missing tracks are.

They've basically taken the masters that were used for the old itunes download version from years ago and they've caught onto the fact that fans had tracked down the name of 3 missing tracks from the movie (EKG, Moontown & 'Cyberspace) and they've taken them from other known Peter Thomas albums and just added them onto this cd.

These 3 tracks were included in an illegally downloadable version of the "Peter Thomas 'Big Boss' album that was going around the net via torrents and file sharing forums. Some fan had included those 3 tracks in the RAR archive.

So it seems to me that the CD company simply took it that this was all the tracks that were meant to be on it, and put it out like that.

Had Peter Thomas been more involved, I think he would have been able to tell them what other tracks should be included.

I don't know if he was asked for his input or not. It seems unlikely. Or maybe he just didn't care or remember what tracks he'd done for the movie. ?

I mean they even included the tracks that never even appeared on The Big Boss movie.

on Amazon.de the producer acutally responded to the missing Tracks issue.

http://www.amazon.de/review/RN45SLUZTTBOF/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0045WKFV8&nodeID=290380&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

roughly:

he says Peter Thomas supplied all he did do himself - everything else must be library Music where he had no involvement and this it's not included on the "Peter Thomas" labeled CD.

Thanks for that info Spannick. It's bummer, I guess we'll never have those other tracks in stereo then. :( It's weird because some of those missing tracks sound very similar to Peter Thomas' work. Yet apparently he didn't do them.

Jeru the Damaja

Good stuff Spannick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now someone needs to ask Peter Thomas what those other tracks are called, and if he knows where to get them.

Archived