Iron Bodyguard dvd

mormovies

I'm working on the upcoming Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock DVD of IRON BODYGUARD and we are looking for poster art, lobbycards and images (hi rez) for use on the packaging and for extras. Please let me know if you have any images you can scan. We can provide a 'special thank you' credit for any materials used and an advance DVD. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
I'm working on the upcoming Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock DVD of IRON BODYGUARD and we are looking for poster art, lobbycards and images (hi rez) for use on the packaging and for extras. Please let me know if you have any images you can scan. We can provide a 'special thank you' credit for any materials used and an advance DVD. Thanks for your help.

Hey Brother (or Sister), I'd love a shot at producing an original cover for the DVD. Take things in a new direction as far as advertising these films- with a kick-ass illustration instead of the same old photo cut and paste jobs. Here's a link to some of my artwork: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7068

I'd certainly put my heart and soul into the piece! :nerd: If you're interested please send me a PM. :bigsmile:

I mailed a CD with this material (and other films) to Richard 6-10 months ago. :ooh:

I mailed a CD with this material (and other films) to Richard 6-10 months ago. :ooh:

Richard hasn't been with the company for a while. Things might have got lost in the transition. I'll call my contact at MB to see if this is legit!

Richard hasn't been with the company for a while. Things might have got lost in the transition. I'll call my contact at MB to see if this is legit!

Thanks H. We had been in contact about the 2nd set of films ages ago and I was hoping he would look into possibly procuring a variety of extras that I had sent him details of. I even offered to shoot mini-docs while in HK but never heard back from him.

Thanks H. We had been in contact about the 2nd set of films ages ago and I was hoping he would look into possibly procuring a variety of extras that I had sent him details of. I even offered to shoot mini-docs while in HK but never heard back from him.

I don't doubt that the OG poster is legit, but it's good to check on these things. Richard is a very nice guy; we talked about the MB release of Chinatown Kid a long while back. He was committed to putting out the best DVD's he could, which is something that I think still matters to the present management at MB.

It's great to see that Iron Bodyguard is still in the works. That's reassuring!

Bob would do a fantastic job on the cover art. His original paintings are beautiful, and he's had lots of experiance lately of making DVD covers:wink2:

Guest Markgway

I'm always a bit wary when someone says 'let me design a cover' but having checked out Bob's excellent Venoms artwork I would fully support the notion. These paintings truly are excellent - and you guys know I'm not one to overpraise. ;)

• Administrator

Wow, thanks for the support guys! :wink:

Several Media Blasters employees even have my art in their collections. Man would I love to do those covers!!!

I'd love to see some Kung Fu Bob artwork in retail stores. He would knock it out of the park with access to high res photos and stuff...that would be tremendous!!

Make it happen....Haz use your contacts and we'll all use our shaolin powers to influence their decision!! :tongue:

hi mormovies---- say i was wondering, if you are working on IRON BODYGUARD could you confirm if it is going to include the original english dub version ? thanks:ooh:

Thanks for the response! Richard York is no longer with the company so please let me know who sent materials to him. They should be in our files. All the scans of images will be greatly appreciated and credited. I knew Linn well and brought him in as a consultant to our Tokyo Shock Shaw releases. Please contact me at the email below and I will respond individually. Thanks so much!

carlm@media-blasters.com

Regarding the English dub, we haven't received materials yet so I don't know if Celestial will be supplying it but I will post again if we need one. Thanks.

I'm always a bit wary when someone says 'let me design a cover' but having checked out Bob's excellent Venoms artwork I would fully support the notion. These paintings truly are excellent - and you guys know I'm not one to overpraise. ;)

I agree. Keep the lobby cards for the back of the case. Have Bob illustrate the main artwork... bring it back to the old school. =D

Mormovies,

Would you be able to find out if any Tokyo Shock titles are going out of print? Some titles seem to have gone totally out of stock in pretty much all the major outlets, and a couple of titles have shot up in price in places like Ebay and Amazon. Also the wikipedia page listing all the Tokyo Shock titles has been deleted.

Lastly, I agree. It really would be a welcome change going with different artwork. Media Blasters really should let Kung Fu Bob do it.

Has the Blu Ray been scheduled yet?

Obviously I don't want to buy a DVD if a BD is forthcoming.

Thx.

I don't think it has. I've looked through a bunch of sites/forums and the blu version of this, plus mighty peaking man dvd/bd have been completely canceled from what I can gather

I'll be happy when this movie finally comes out!! lol :xd:

i don't remember IRON BODYGUARD being listed as available in HD so they maybe did not want to make an upscale for US Release... which is a good thing. (the info is in the online Celestial Catalog which Movie has been mastered in HD)

same for MIGHTY PEKING MAN btw... i think nobody ever bothered to check what's available in HD before announcing it.

Obviously I don't want to buy a DVD if a BD is forthcoming.

Which has happened to me with every MB BD release thus far.

Archived