Deadly Strike - Was The Plot of This Bruce Li Flick...

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

...used in another movie?!

I just got the DVD, and I swear I've never seen the film before, and yet the plot of an officer recruiting a bunch of convicts was familiar. Also the part about letting one of the guy's go and say bye to his Mom, and the attempted ambush at that fake market place.

Maybe I'm going crazy. I definitely didn't have this on DVD already, and I don't recall ever seeing this movie (at least not in the last decade or two), and yet those three plot elements really stood out as something I've seen before. The rest of the film didn't ring any bells. That's why I'm wondering if it was a plot used elsewhere.

Edit: I just remembered another part that seemed familiar, when the guy who kept escaping was killed by the officer as an example to the others.

KFS

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai
kung fu mission

That was one of my guesses, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'll have to dig that one out and see.

I haven't seen the Dirty Dozen. I did read that Deadly Strike was a similar plot to that, but I was looking for a kung fu movie, which I know I saw.

KFS

Some of those plot elements were used countless times in various films, often multiple elements which also make it seem "all too familiar".

Plot also similar to (amongst others) A REASON TO LIVE,A REASON TO DIE, THE MAGNIFICENT 7 RIDE, THE FIVE MAN ARMY....loads of Westerns and WWII flicks.

kungfusamurai

It definitely wasn't Kung Fu Mission, now that I think about it, because those guys were volunteers, whereas these guys were convicts and basically drafted.

Shoot, I must have seen this film and just forgot I had. I've been pretty good remember not just kung fu films I've seen before, but Bruce Li films. But I feel I saw this in the last 10 years.

Yes, the plot elements of many kung fu films re-appear many times. But these I think were specifically ones that I swore were all in the same film, especially the part about the convicts and the one guy being allowed to go see his mother and the police man trusting him to come back. Oh well, I'm getting old. :)

KFS

Archived