Anyone like watching India Hindi Films?

Guest Liu chung liang

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kwok Choi

Liu Chung Liang I think Jawaani is hard to get hold of on dvd or vhs but see the previous posts maybe some info or suggestions might help.

Guest Liu chung liang

anyone ever order dvds from this site www.allzonedvd.com/ because i don't know if i can trust them. i ordered a dvd from another site and got a bootleg dvd copy. the movie cover was scanned i could tell, and the disc was custom made.

i want this title, but the original:

MV-01524.jpg

sorry to see I missed the talk, but I've been here in spirit at least, thanks J. :) Here's a link to one of the earliest forum posts on the web about these films and I'm happy to say I started it! I would VERY much check out the sites linked there for your dvds. EXCELLENT prices and all legit.

p211.ezboard.com/fthedigi...=242.topic

Guest Kwok Choi

Yes zulm is the best i think but unfortunately and to my surprise the forum members (should be given credit for dedication) are not too familiar with pre 1995 movies so that's why you aren't getting much luck with replies.

Kishen Kanhaiya is a good movie but if you can't get it buy Seeta Aur Geeta or Chaalbaaz instead.Seeta Aur Geeta is the original story Chaalbaaz and Kishen Kan...are remakes which just tells your how good the original was.The success of Seeta.....gave the producers the finance to make the greatest evergeen Indian movie of all time (Sholay of course) which is now also being remade (shooting is in progress) by Ram Gopal Verma's production company Film Factory;hopefully this " New Sholay " will be released later this year or sometime next year.

By the way beware of many Bollywood sites selling dvds.If you have doubts try Amazon.com.Eros Entertainment has a lot of legitimate titles with right ownership.They have tried to clean up their act lately (maybe word got around ) but customer relationship is still 50-50 in my opinion and their dvd authoring is hit and miss.

Guest Liu chung liang

Wow awesome, i didn't know about that. I like Kishen Kanhaiya, because the movie is just a classic. Anil Kapoor did a fantastic job. All the music and songs are just too good, and it helps the film a lot as well.

In those films you mentioned, do they use the same songs and music from KK? Maybe not huh?

Guest Kwok Choi

Hi Liu Chung Liang,good to see that you are really getting into these movies.No the same songs and music is not used in the movies I mentioned. If you enjoyed this aspect of Kishen Kanhaiya wait till you see Seeta Aur Geeta.This is one of the best compositions of the late super music maestro R D Burman.Really catchy tunes well suitable to the story and way way ahead of its time.Chaalbaaz music is so so but with a more modern take overall on the Seeta...story.

Guest Liu chung liang
good to see that you are really getting into these movies.

I'm not new to them. I've watched a lot when I was a kid with my family, including the KF oldiez.

Look at this remix video I did of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. I was choppin' to the bit to get it perfect. It came out alright, but I really wanted it to blow everyone away.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai & Suraj Hua Maddham

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWSPvuu3V0

Remember when I asked you about Jawani? The reason why I want to buy Jawani on DVD, is that because it was the very first Hindi film I saw when I was 5 I believe. Now and days, it's so rare, and hard to find. Long ago it was nothing, and now it's a rare jewel.

Dude the songs and music in Kishen Kanhaiya is too good!..... You got a audio track from Seeta Aur Geeta? I do have KK on VHS, but it's very poor. That's why I kinda want the DVD.

Finally a person saw my post on Zulm.net and reply me, but she claims not to be a member of the forum. So should I trust her? I've been ripped off before on other hindi sites, so I'm very careful now with indians lol.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a few of these movies (I don't believe I've ever saw one), my friend is from India, she has a few of these movies, I just started looking into the Indian culture a little more, I've always loved Asian culture/movies, so it would be interesting watching something different, though my first love will always be KF/Samurai films, I like to keep an open mind, as I do love the music from India.

Guest moviegyrl

My only exposure to Hindi films includes MONSOON WEDDING and an American piece, MISSISSIPPI MASALA (cast: Denzel Washington). As well, the TV-Ontario documentary, BOLLYWOOD BOUND, is informative.

Can you recommend any dramas or comedies?

Guest Liu chung liang

in a regular hindi film.... it's usually packed with everything. they want you to have the experience of a life-time. they want to take you for a ride is what its all about. you have your drama, family, love story, action, comedy, singing, dancing, music, ....it's like everything in 1 movie. like the thing you might see in the beginning is a lot of action... then suddenly they go into something else, like singing... and it's like a music video. all of the hindi films are mostly dramas... you'll get that definitely and sprinkles of comedy. there is always a leading man and a leading lady.

i've never seen one hindi film thats all comedy... they alwayz mix everything into a 3 hour 1 movie. oh yeah, another thing is that.... hindi films are long as hell. its like watching star wars or lord of the rings lol. in the middle of all the movies... they always go into a intermission haha. very true lol. i'm sure it's like that in the indian theaters as well.... so you can go get your snacks lol.

i recommend:

kuch kuch hota hai

kabhi khushi kabhie gham

mujhse dosti karoge

kal ho naa ho

main hoon na

these are all modern. hopefully you'll enjoy them.

Guest Kwok Choi

Hehehe:D Liu Chung Liang you have just revealed that you like Yash Chopra/Yash Raj and Karan Johar/Dharma Production movies.Not bad;not bad at all:D

Guest Liu chung liang

I think their work are classics. Did you watch the video I remixed? I hope you check it out, because I worked really hard on it. I can still see some flaws, and I'll fix it when I get a better program lol.

Have you seen the new Fanaa? They were some money problems.

[url=http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=4736]www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=4736[/url]
Fanaa stars Amir Khan from films like Tum Mere Ho and Dil with the lovely beautiful leading crazy lady Kajol. fanaa-2006-1b.jpgfanaa-2006-11b.jpgfanaa-2006-14b.jpgfanaa-2006-21b.jpgfanaa-2006-19b.jpg I haven't seen Fanaa yet, but I was watching a music video scene from the film, and it looks pretty good. :D The song is called "Chand Sifarish" and I'm like getting addicted to it.
 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSyW7ln-6c]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSyW7ln-6c[/url]

As I kept watching it over and over again... I notice something. That Kajol isn't looking at anyone or Amir. She's such a good actress, and her expressions are one of a kind. So then I started thinking hmmmm.... if I didn't know any better, I think she is playing a blind lady. I got really curious and went to check the story/plot on imdb.com :lol ... and I was right. She plays Zooni Ali Beg, who is a blind woman.

The story is very interesting and all the songs rock, so I'll probably get it soon on DVD.

I don't watch indian movies in general and don't know anything about modern Bollywood films, but almost accidently I watched their latest hit(?) Don and I found it to be very entertaining, fun and cool. At times it even had some kind of HK-ish feel to it.

Also, a former Miss World plays a part in it, and watching her onscreen is a treat in its own right

(Obviously, I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare and complain, like others do.)

This is a cool thread! I just saw Sholay & it was amazing. Great acting. Had an Ital-Western vibe. Funny in parts, dramatic in others. The train robbery scene at the beginning had some drama to it. The songs were even great, but I'm partial to Indian music & RD Burman.

jirpy100, can you tell me more about this: Arjun Pandit-He plays a gun toting priest who kills for money!

love the description, sound right up my alley

the only bollywood movies i've ever seen were the original Don and the recent remake, both of which are awesome

I have some Bollywood films that I taped when they played them Saturday mornings when I lived in Pennsylvania. I also won a free DVD by entering the contests at

http://www.avstv.com

I won the DVD of Rang De Basanti, a really good film about a young British woman who heads to India to shoot a biopic of a revolution attack in the 40's, something her grandfather was involved in and she meets a group of modern day youths who love to have fun. It's really a good film about mixing traditional Indian values with the modernization of youths. Aamir Khan stars in the film.

I've seen these movies:

Asambhav - kind of like a James Bond-type film with Arjun Rampal as a Indian Special Forces agent sent undercover as a photojournalist in Switzerland as he must rescue the President of India from a terrorist organization.

Elaan - a feared terrorist finds a major obstacle when a group consisting of a cop, an ex-con, a man seeking revenge for his father being threatened, and two women plan to stop the terrorist's reign of crime once and for all. Arjun Rampal, John Abraham, and Amisha Patel star.

Krrish - http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=1575 (My review)

Main Khiladi Tu Anari - http://kungfucinema.com/?p=2454 (My review)

Ishq Vishk - A college comedy with a love triangle existing between a young man, his best friend who is in love with him and the new popular girl at school. Shahid Kapoor stars.

Kucch Meetha Ho Jaye - As a group of passengers wait for their plane to get fixed, chaos ensues at the airport...many relationships, comedic situations, and the appearance of a mystery man. Arshad Warsi and Shahrukh Khan star.

I saw the remake of Don and Shahrukh Khan is awesome in it! I want to see the original movie.

So, occasionally, I do need a major Bollywood fix :)

The Indian restaurant I go to play the singing/dance scenes from all the movies, sometimes they go back to the older ones, it's pretty interesting. I'm in love with the actress named Bipasha Basu, she's beautiful!

Some other good Amitabh Bachchan movies include Deewar, Sholay, Agneepath, Don, Mard, and Silsila.

The only Bollywood movies I have are Dhoom and Ek Se Badhkar Ek. I also found a clip of Bruce Le in Katilon Ke Kaatil. He comes in around 1:53.

Welcome to the magical world of Indian Cinema unique like no other.I started watching Indian Movies around 1970 - 71 when some releases from the 60's were still doing the rounds.I've seen many many stars/actors come and go and I still try to keep up to date with current releases.

I saw the very 1st screening of Sholay in 1975 at the Hollywood theatre in Koidu town Kono district Sierra Leone (the main area of conflict in the movie Blood Diamonds).I was a flyer boy so we helped with the publicity distributing the Sholay flyers.Our reward was free entrance to the first show (front hall).What unfolded unbelievably made history worldwide.This was also my first experience of studying a movie's growth from its first screening to it`s stupendous phenomenal super-duper success.We hadn't seen anything like it from India before and up till 1996 no Indian film ever had been as successful as Sholay.

Between 1975 - 80 it was re - released periodically and each time it was a different cut with more additional footage.The first cut 3hrs long approx (is my favourite cut) and the final cut a little over 3hrs 30mins (is my least favourite cut).During the second release of Sholay,it disrupted a religiously observed Sunday football match schedule because the start time of the match coincided with a matinee show of Sholay.Up till 1991,if there was one movie anyone in the entire country capable of going to the cinema had seen,it was Sholay.

Amitabh catapulted to demi-god status after the stupendous success of this film and the formidable man,now a grandpa,is still unstoppable.

The original Don 1976-77? has the edge over the new Don.The new Don is cleverly made by young talent but the old Don is a classic - one of Amitabh's finest moments.

Great Amitabh Bachchan performances:

Sholay (Flames)

Do Anjaane (Two Unknowns)

Kabhi Kabhie (Sometimes...)

Amar Akbar Anthony (Amar Akbar and Anthony)

Kasme Vaade (Oaths and Promises)

Lawaaris (vagabond)

Trishul (Trinity/Trident)

Deewar - old (The wall)

Don

Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (The King Of Destiny)

Kaalia

Andhaa Kanoon (Blind Law)

Coolie (Potter)

Do Aur Do Paanch (2 + 2 = 5) Comedy

Mard (Real Man)

Main Azaad Hoon (I am free/I am Azaad indeed)

Agneepath (The path of fire)

Sooryavansham (The Sun Dynasty)

Mohabbatein (Love affairs/love issues/love stories)

Ek Rishtaa (A relationship)

Kabhie Kushi Kabhie Gham (Sometimes there's happiness,sometimes sorrow)

Baghban (caretaker)

Khakee (Khaki)

Black

Bunty Aur Babli (Bunty and Babli)

Ek Ajnabee (A stranger) Remake of Denzel's Man On Fire

Sarkar (Boss) Remake of The Godfather.

.........oh! I forgot another classic Aakhree Raasta (The only way).Amitabh plays a double role in this one.He plays an honest innocent man up against a nasty corrupt politician and he also plays the role of the estranged son (his son) who is a fearless police inspector protecting the politician from any harm.Rough justice versus the judiciary.

My favourite scene is when Amitabh the fugitive dad meets Amitabh the cop in a cemetery.The dad showed the son his (the dad's) palm with the number 6 written on it.The dad then asks the son:

Do you know what number this is?

The angry son didn't answer:

The father then said:

From my perspective its a 6 and from yours its a 9.You (son) do what you can to stop me from getting justice and I will do all I can to get justice; hadn't it been for the memory of your deceased mum lying in this cemetery,you would have been a gonner;and the next time we meet I hope your mum doesn't get in the way.

Yeah jiujitsu77 "disaster" is a kind word.I can't find a word to discribe the remake.Sholay was a one off phenomenon.I'll say it was a kind of fluke because even the people who made this film could never out do it or make anything as good never again.Try as they might they didn't even come close.Eventually they had to give up making movies.Sholay was the cream so how can it be remade?

Its funny because this is the first time I heard of fans rallying - I think there was even a political debate - for the classic film not to be remade and that if its ever done no one would go to the cinemas to see the remake.There will be a boycott and that's exactly what happened (I honestly think it was a very stupid idea to remake Sholay).See the impact this has movie made over the decades!

Imagine James Cameron announcing a remake of Once Upon A Time In The West!!!!!!!!!:(

Archived