Some new German DVDs of old skool films with English dubs

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one is Gold Snatchers, I remember spannick posting a screencap of this a while back which looked nice & have been wondering about it's release ever since. It says 75 minutes running time there while the of the Ocean Shores print which made it's way on to bootleg DVD is about 79m.30s NTSC so hopefully it is uncut....

I might take a gamble on this one :bigsmile:

Yup, 3 new releases issued by what appears to be a new label, Voulez Vous Films. All are very modestly priced.

1. GOLD SNATCHERS (Kim Lung, 1973)

2. DEVIL AND ANGEL (Lo Lieh, 1973)

3. SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES (Hau Chang, 1977)

According to OFDB none of these is cut. SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES supposedly comes with a "restored long cut", the formerly censored scenes should be of a lesser quality. DEVIL AND ANGEL and GOLD SNATCHERS are also advertised to have a "reconstructed full version".

Sounds promising... but here's the hitch: none of these come with original audio, only German and English dubs on offer, which made me stay clear of them so far...:squigglemouth:

Hope that helps...

Recently got Gold Snatchers...here's some caps

chen1.jpg

chen2.jpg

chen3.jpg

chen4.jpg

chen6.jpg

chen7.jpg

chen8.jpg

the cover is reversible so you get the front without the german rating and the vol 1 etc on it..

This 3 German DVDs have a very good Quality. I have all and have never seen this rare Films in better Quality. From all Films is a German Cinema Print in 2:35 and a uncut Version on the DVD.

Buy this and I hope this Firma bring more. Have heart this Guys have buy a very good 35 mm Print from Wang Yu King of Boxer and I hope this comes in the Future.

Damn', the GOLD SNATCHER caps do look inviting...:nerd:

Have heart this Guys have buy a very good 35 mm Print from Wang Yu King of Boxer and I hope this comes in the Future.

KING OF BOXERS ? The one that went under the (inevitably schlocky) German title "Wang Yu - Stärker als 1000 Kamikaze" ("Wang Yu - Stronger than 1000 Kamikaze") ? Well, if they bought it they'll release it, I guess. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that they'll add the original audio track this time...

Gold Snatchers -German Cinema Print in 2:35 -a little cut and a uncut Version in 1:85 on the DVD

Devil and Angel -German Cinema Print in 2:35-missing a Sightseen Tour to HK NO Cut in Action Scenes and a uncut Version in Fullscreen on the DVD

Shaolin Invincibles German Cinema Print in 2:35 and a uncut Print also in 2:35 fantastic Picture Quality

there won't be "Original Audio" on the next DVDs either.

a) they don't have it

B) they would not sub it

c) some are sold to Television and don't need to be released on DVD at all. the Money DVDs make compared to the Fee a TV Station pays is friggin' Peanuts. They only do that because the Boss is a Fan of that stuff.

here's a clip of the Wang Yu Movie Print:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNo3cxeuho

Killer Meteor

Has anyone got any screencaps for the "uncut" Shaolin Invincibles, including a title card?

Ninja Sinai

Anyone know if the following movies will ever be released in proper widescreen and remastered:

:: Strife For Mastery

:: Crystal Fist

:: Blooded Treasury Fight

only CRYSTAL FIST played in German Cinemas, the other two not. so there's only hope for CRYSTAL FIST, but even that is also basically zero chance.

Archived