Gun Crazy - A Woman From Nowhere

daisho2004

I came across this movie has anyone ever seen it, it sounds pretty good. Below is a review from a Guy named Michael, sounds like a must see movie.

A fun, modern Spaghetti Western with a twist, July 19, 2004

By

Michael (California) -

This review is from: Gun Crazy - A Woman From Nowhere (DVD)

The story of "A Woman From Nowhere" is rather simple and pretty much adapted right out of a Eastwood Spaghetti Western: A mysterious stranger comes into a lawless town run by a kingpin and starts shooting up the place with few words spoken. Even the opening credits and music have that spaghetti feel: Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone would be proud. The really interesting twists are that the stranger is a beautiful(!) woman, Saki (Ryoko Yonekura) on a Harley, and the location is in a small town somewhere in Japan.

In this actioner, there's a considerable amount of gunplay, some of it good, some predictable, and in other spots somewhat hokey, but it's a whole lot of fun. Ryoko handles her guns with believability and aplomb and gives the thugs their due. It wasn't as much of an acting challenge for her as it was a physical challenge, but she handled things exceptionally well. She shows off her considerable acting skills much more in Japanese dramas such as "Seikei Bijin" (Plastic Beauty) and as Otsu in the NHK drama, "Musashi"

I'd highly recommend film if you're a Ryoko Yonekura fan (which I adoringly am) and/or a "girls with guns" movie fan, and it does hold up to repeated viewings. To me, there's something eminently and inexplicably appealing about "girls with guns" movies like "La Femme Nikita" and "The Long Kiss Goodnight." And to have a Japanese supermodel like Ryoko starring in it as well is just gobs of icing on the cake.

5106PBNRMPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen both Gun Crazy movies!

They are pretty good.. Very "Desperado-Western" inspired but still pretty entertaining!

The review you've attached is very accurate and if you like shoot em up films you should definitely check em out!

Archived