1911 (2011)

AlbertV

THE 1911 REVOLUTION, currently in production is about the events of the Xinhai Revolution, which ended China's last feudal period.

Cast: Jackie Chan, Winston Chao, Jaycee Chan, Li Bingbing, Zhang Ziyi, Sun Chung, Xu Shaoqun, Jiang Wenli

Directors: Jackie Chan, Zhang Li

Producers: Jackie Chan, Li Bingbing

Winston Chao plays Dr. Sun Yat-Sen and Jackie plays a soldier named Huang Xin. Here is what Jackie will look like, courtesy of his official homepage

48180_201011012128221.thumb.jpg

Examiner News on the film

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they will both be in the film according to HKMDB. Jackie and Li Bingbing not only produce but will play husband and wife

ShaOW!linDude

So has Jackie gotten over his disappointment of Jaycee then?

I mean, I'm just really kind of surprised that they would do a movie together considering the fact that Jackie has made his disappointment and frustration over Jaycee not following in his footsteps public knowledge.

I take it this is to be a dramatic film and I know his son tends towards those as opposed to action film fare.

Yeah they squashed that rift a few years ago. They were at an event together and Jackie said he was proud of all the work Jaycee had done.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay. Well, that's good. I thought he had dissed Jaycee as recently as this summer when he talked about how Jaden Smith had proved to be such a natural at taking to MA training and had an interest in it during preparation and filming of "The Karate Kid" and lamented the fact that his own son never shared that. I can't remember where I might have seen that though and therefore cannot prove that. I'm probably confused which is my natural state of mind anyway.:tongue:

If Ip Man's successful there will be more, if big army themed movies like An Empress and the Warriors are successful there will be another dozen. Now this is going to take some elements from Founding of A Republic and Bodyguards & Assassins and there you go. Another epic shit!:cry: Jackie you are a zombie!

PS. Jaden Smith sucks more than Jaycee Chan/

ShaOW!linDude

Well, what do you know. I'm glad to hear it. Jackie really seems to be pulling out all the stops, too.

Doesn't JC also have an illegitimate son with some model (I think her name was Elisabeth Ng but that may not be right)? I think I saved the newspaper clipping of that story when it broke shortly after his biography came out some years ago.

Well, what do you know. I'm glad to hear it. Jackie really seems to be pulling out all the stops, too.

Doesn't JC also have an illegitimate son with some model (I think her name was Elisabeth Ng but that may not be right)? I think I saved the newspaper clipping of that story when it broke shortly after his biography came out some years ago.

He has an illegitimate daughter with former beauty Elsa Ng, whom he admitted to having an affair with in 1999. She re-married and Chan I believe pays a fixed amount for child support a year.

One Armed Boxer

Here in Japan a trailer for this movie was released very recently...I have to say, it doesn`t make me feel even slightly interested in going to see it, all looks like it`s been done before.

yQWwymv2vWE

Will Jackie Chan's 1911 be merely the latest in the current wave of Chinese ultra-nationalist films or is the star and director aiming a little higher than that for his 100th film? Our first indication comes now, with the arrival of the first teaser.

Screen International described the film like this:

Starring Chan and co-directed by the star and Zhang Li, 1911 tells the story of the founding of the Republic of China when Sun Yat-sen's forces overthrew the Ming Dynasty. Sun is played by look-alike Chinese actor Zhao Wen Xuan. Li Bingbing and Joan Chen also star. The film started shooting in September and will be released in October 2011.

Recent mainland hit Bodyguards And Assassins had a very similar theme, and producers are certainly hoping to replicate that success with this. 1911 will receive a day and date release around the world, with WellGo USA releasing the film in US theaters the same day as the Chinese release.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/05/first-teaser-for-jackie-chans-1911.php

can't really tell much from the trailer but it probably isn't my cup of tea .

masterofoneinchpunch

I'll end up eventually watching it anyways.

Is there a public list they are using that states the 100 films he was in? I still have not been able to spot him in COME DRINK WITH ME :).

I thought it was strange when I did a search of this forum no one had started a thread. It never dawned on me a Jackie Chan film would be posted elsewhere.

ShaOW!linDude

I noticed in the photos that Chan's right fore- and middle fingers are green. Are they digitally removed? Is his character missing the ends of those fingers or something.

I saw this today, I enjoyed it.

I noticed in the photos that Chan's right fore- and middle fingers are green. Are they digitally removed? Is his character missing the ends of those fingers or something.

There's a reason for it. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post spoilers, but I'll say that much.

Archived